1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Nick Saban will fight you.

DanielSimpsonDay likes this.
  2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I wonder how she works the “second-tier priority” bit. How does she prioritize between, e.g., an Hispanic man and a Vietnamese woman? What if the Korean man has his hand raised, but the Chinese woman also does? I sure would like to see this lady’s rubric for working through all of this.

4. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Have any of her white male students complained? I'll hold off my faux outrage until they come forward and explain how they felt they were damaged or mistreated in her class.

5. doctorquant

LOL ... and then you’ll tell ‘em they can’t have been “damaged or mistreated” because white men, intersectionality, hegemon, mumble, jumble ... white supremacy!

LongTimeListener and YankeeFan like this.
  6. doctorquant

My question is this: How far, in laughing my ass off at this ... scholar ... can I go before outing myself as Andrew Dice Clay? Or did I do so merely by mentioning zir?

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

What if... they're afraid to come forward? Is it fair to judge them, or assume anything about their inaction, when you consider the power dynamic at play?

8. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I'm confused here. I went to a middling public university. Nobody raised their hand to be called on.

9. doctorquant

Well, if that's the case, the progressive male would say "They're pussi ... white men, intersectionality, hegemon, mumble, jumble ... white supremacy!"

10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I'm not judging nor am I assuming inaction or delayed action would invalidate any complaints. I'd listen intently to their side. I'm just not convinced in the absence of a single complaint from somebody who is actually in this person's class, people who presumably signed up for the class voluntarily (and can voluntarily drop), that there actually is any legitimate reason for potentially aggrieved students to fear coming forward.

If they don't have the courage of their convictions, I'm not going to muster any for them. They don't belong to a class of people who have been discriminated against and oppressed for centuries.

Until then, this falls under the category of outrage manufactured by the alt right.

11. doctorquant

tl;dr ... "white men, intersectionality, hegemon, mumble, jumble ... white supremacy!"

12. doctorquant

I shall stop beating this dead horse's ass now.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.