1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Cute church. Visited it in May.

Not sure how a plaque that simply indicates which pew Washington sat in could be offensive.

The memorial honoring Robert E. Lee, on the wall behind the alter, yeah, I can see taking that down.

2. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

And she was mean to Bernie!

3. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Lies.

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Link?

5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

So just like Kelly made up his story? Weird that you didn't have the same reaction with that one. Hmmmmm?

6. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You are them, YF. Anything you don't like is a like. Anything you do like must be true.

7. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You support shit that defies belief all the time, so please spare us your hypocritical bullshit for once.

8. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Link?

9. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Here is the letter from the vestry explaining the decision, which to me is sound. The plaques were installed together, and should be considered together.

Moving them from the worship space to a prominent place in the parish house, where they can provide greater explanation of the church's history and its connection to additional members who helped shape our country seems more appropriate than a memorial in the sanctuary.

Attached Files:

10. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

I agree, I think it seems too convenient. At least as its presented.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

A special investigator, appointed to examine obstruction of justice after the President fired the head of the FBI and bragged that it was to slow down an investigation into his associates' affiliation to a hostile foreign power, has filed sealed charges and arrests are expected next week.

Meanwhile, we have got three pages about whether someone I've never heard of made up an anecdote to her 7000 twitter followers.

I can't say you aren't good at what you do.

bigpern23, Hermes, Pete and 2 others like this.
  12. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

This thread has become 59 percent more enjoyable since I put the apologist for the misogynist on ignore.

lakefront and melock like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.