1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Day ain't over yet.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Let's see if we can predict your future talking points, shall we?

-Hahaha I will laugh if a Dem gets indicted
    -Well, Trump will just pardon anyone and I will laugh at liberal tears
    -Its clear this is about Manafort's time before the campaign and had nothing to do with anything Trump did
    -I never liked Michael Flynn anyway, an Obama guy
    -This presidency is going to run a lot smoother with Don Jr. in jail
    -Liberals can laugh now but prosecuting Jared and Ivanka will only make this administration more conservative. LOL, you're going after the only people who are preventing Trump from really being Trump
    -What a disaster this is for liberals; a Pence presidency is going to run so smoothly. You should have been happy with what you had
    -but her emails

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"In order to hide Ukraine payments from United States authorities, from approximately 2006 through at least 2016 ..."

He was Trump's campaign chair during 2016.

4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

I posted this one in response to YF a while ago. It really does fit him quite nicely.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Apparently, the White House line is "we always knew they were bad guys." This will make pardons more difficult.

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Manfort was a long time political operative. His career dates back to 1976, and his expertise was in running a convention, and "counting delegates".

At the time he was brought in, there was talk of delegate defections, and a brokered convention. Manafort and his team were the exact right people to bring in to handle this.

You have to remember both that not any people had experience dealing with a convention floor fight, and that not a lot of establishment republican operatives were willing to sign on with Trump, even then.

He hadn't been in the spotlight because like a lot of these guys, he'd gone on to make his money overseas.

Paul Manafort, 67, all but disappeared from American politics in recent decades to advise international leaders, including strongmen like Ferdinand E. Marcos, the former dictator of the Philippines, and Viktor F. Yanukovych, the deposed former president of Ukraine. Now, though, Mr. Manafort, who worked for the Ford campaign 40 years ago, is the lead convention strategist for Donald J. Trump. “I wanted to do one more,” he said.

Potential G.O.P. Convention Fight Puts Older Hands in Sudden Demand

7. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I don't think I'll need this one, but I'm going to save it just in case.

Double Down likes this.
  9. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

You've got 35 pages of ammunition at the ready. But you can never have enough ammunition. Just ask the Vegas shooter.

10. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Trump is nominating Sarah Palin as ambassador to Benghazi

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

12. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

That you can read this ...

... and come out of it with the idea that they brought him in because of his steady hand, and not because of (or even despite!) his recent activity, is truly amazing.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.