1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

During a late 1990s World Championship Wrestling match, Michael Buffer was doing the intros, and he introduced Bret (the Hitman) Hart as "Bret (the Hitman) Clark."

It was a notorious blooper, since Hart was one of their biggest stars.

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

3. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

Hermes likes this.
  4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No word on the Vegas Terrrorist? Was he converted to christian extremism watching videos on the internet

HanSenSE likes this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm not Navy, but I have read that the Navy went over from training Ensigns by putting them on a ship and having them work their way into a full understanding of naval command and ship handling to putting it on CD's and teaching them that way. It's cheaper and less time consuming, but has resulted in an erosion of skills in young officers and Captains conning ships who are nowhere near as skilled as officers of the same rank and time in grade in generations past.

Traditionally, officers of all the services learned how to do their jobs via a combination of mentoring by officers above them and experienced non-coms over their shoulder doing their best to keep them out of trouble.

"There is nothing as dangerous as a Second Lieutenant who says "I have an idea"."

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

“You Can’t Go Any Lower”: Inside the West Wing, Trump Is Apoplectic as Allies Fear Impeachment

Bannon’s sense of urgency is being fueled by his belief that Trump’s hold on power is slipping. The collapse of Obamacare repeal, and the dimming chances that tax reform will pass soon—many Trump allies are deeply pessimistic about its prospects—have created the political climate for establishment Republicans to turn on Trump. Two weeks ago, according to a source, Bannon did a spitball analysis of the Cabinet to see which members would remain loyal to Trump in the event the 25th Amendment were invoked, thereby triggering a vote to remove the president from office. Bannon recently told people he’s not sure if Trump would survive such a vote. “One thing Steve wants Trump to do is take this more seriously,” the Bannon confidant told me. “Stop joking around. Stop tweeting.”

So I find this Bannon handicapping of a supposed 25th Amendment vote to be utterly ridiculous. Let's break it down:

Pence: He's a shady fucker, and he would get to be president (a thing that never would have otherwise happened), so it's possible. A very Iago move.
    Tillerson: Yes, could potentially see him voting for it, but we all know he'll be gone by January.
    Mnuchin: Fuck no.
    Mattis: Maybe. Has mostly kept a low profile.
    Sessions: LOL. Trump could pull of a mask and reveal himself to be the literal devil and Sessions would still go down on him. In the middle of a Bama football game.
    Zinkie: Nope. The Whitefish energy deal has shown he's as crooked as any of them. Too bad Boom70 isn't here to defend is buddy. (RIP, Boom)
    Purdue: No idea. Doubtful.
    Ross: No way.
    Acosta: No idea.
    Heath and Human Services pick: Who knows who this will be, but Trump sure as hell isn't picking someone who will remove him soon after confirmation.
    Carson: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL I'm not even sure Ben knows he's in the cabinet. Hell no he's not removing Trump.
    Chao: Again, Bwahahahaha. No chance McConnell's wife is voting to oust Trump. None. Mitch is a survivor. That's what he knows best.
    Perry: No chance. Only if the thinks it would keep him out of jail.
    DeVos: LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL (deep breath) LOLOLOLOLOLOLOL The least likely of any of them to cut Trump loose.
    Homeland Security: Current nominee is Kristjen Nielsen, who was John Kelly's deputy. So ... nope.
    Shulkin: No idea.

Bannon knows all this, and he knows there is no chance to get half these people on board with overthrowing Trump, much less getting 2/3rds of the House and Senate to do so, so he's basically just doing The Joker thing and sewing chaos for fun.

Donny in his element likes this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

"I never thought leopards would eat MY face," sobs woman who voted for the Leopards Eating People's Faces Party.

Fought For, Forgotten

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that the combination of Mueller, a pissed off intelligence community (U.S. and International), and the venal stupidity of the Trumpkins brings him down.

Then there's the real wild card in all of this - Russia has been having a fine old time sewing discord to the point that political differences here are nearing a civil war boiling point, and they've done it all by attacking the Democrats. What happens when they start to release the dirt that they have on the other side? You know damn well that they did not go after the Dems only. Putin is sitting on it waiting for just the right time to throw the U.S. government into maximum disarray.

9. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

There is no need to do anything to the GOP - this is a fight that has been brewing since the end of the Reagan era. Gingrich, Delay, Boehner and now Ryan. The Boehner story in Politico is quite interesting. He comes off a bit like Ed Harris in The Rock (and you know what happened to Ed Harris in The Rock).

10. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

She is playing a part, right? There's some "Borat" type movie being filmed?

11. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

If the press really wanted to fluster SHS, they would laugh at her snarky humor. Something between a DeNiro/Liotta cackle and the weak laughter at a lame joke in a post-game presser.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Yes. No.

She (and her daddy) are both playing parts. They see this as a way to get rich (Mike has a huge waterfront mansion in Florida that he damn sure didn't pay for with his gubernatorial money from Arkansas). And money equals power in American politics.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.