1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

That's true. I remember one leftist radio show (Stephanie Miller) opening with "Walking on Sunshine" for weeks after the 2006 midterms. Euphoria lasted all the way until the 2010 midterms.

2. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Amazing how much Fox has morphed into Trump TV. They figure their viewers need to be shielded from difficult news, and told all is well.

3. Cosmo

Cosmo Well-Known Member

I watched a couple of minutes of Carlson's show last night around 8:30 during a Caps commercial break, just out of curiosity more than anything. He actually had an informed discussion with a guest on why the Virginia race went down the way it did. I was stunned.

4. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

All electoral victories are temporary in a democracy. But winning is still way way better than losing.

5. LongTimeListener

LongTimeListener Well-Known Member

It's all about playing defense on policy for the Democrats right now. The GOP can do real damage to the future if healthcare, tax cuts and education go their way. So elections like these and 2018 really do matter.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I’m confused here. I was told by the brightest of lights that the Democrats really had no chance in Virginia because all the white supremacists were lying to the pollsters. Was the election hacked by PortlandGuccifer or something?

7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Tomorrow they'll be back to regularly scheduled program ... fake dossier and Uranium One.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

9. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

MS-13 killed all the white supremacists.

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

When does @YankeeFan get back from Paris?

I'm awaiting his stories of wonderful food and, hopefully, leaping into the breach to repair a French coffee machine at a bistro on the Left Bank.

11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The Dems won Jason Chaffetz' seat in Utah, too.

The Senate Election here is on Dec. 12. With yesterday's results McConnell is going to start carpetbombing the state with Roy Moore ads tomorrow morning. There will be more of them than E.D. ads for a month. It's hard to judge the effects. The D's will be emboldened and energized, the R's will be determined not to lose this one, and GOP voters who might have stayed home might go vote. Nationally you know that they're determined not to lose this one.

OTOH, if Moore loses in Alabama, the Republicans will pee themselves. It might be enough to see some of them embracing Trump a little less tightly.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.