1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Russia investigators probe 2016 GOP platform fight

"The enduring mystery" of why a campaign, which repeatedly hired people who owed money and favors to the Russian government and had repeated meetings with Russian government representatives to discuss favors the government could do for said campaign, would turn around and make pro-Russian interest changes their only substantive contribution to the party platform. It's a complete mystery as to why they might have done that.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

It is always wisest in state and local races to have the candidate make decisions about how national he or she wishes the race to be. It's their asses on the line, after all. I'm sure Doug Jones knows ever so much more about Alabama voters than I or any other faraway Internet commenter does.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's pretty much my take. I'm not advising anyone, just yakking on a message board. That said, the DNC has not given me any reason to think that their tactics for the race in Alabama would be smart or in any way better than Jones' choices.

4. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

They're not even trying to hide it anymore:

5. Neutral Corner

6. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

I'm looking out at the Chicago River right now, and I don't see YF. So it might be legit.

Also, I saw 10 people shot during that glance out the window. It's a hellhole here. Why isn't Dick Whitman alerting the national media?

7. Neutral Corner

8. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Yep, bringing in "national" Democrats to stump for Jones is a bad, bad idea. No way moderate Republicans would swing his way if that happened.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

These Fortune 500companies are NOVA. Fuck You Jerry. It satisfies me every time I see you’re name knowing that your father is sucking Roy Cohn’s Cock in hell
    Freddie Mac, McLean, No. 43, down from No. 42, 2015 revenue of $63.5 billion, down 8.5 percent

General Dynamics, Falls Church, No. 88, up from No. 100, revenue of $31.5 billion, up 2 percent

Capital One Financial, McLean, No. 112, up from No. 126, revenue of $25 billion, up 5.1 percent

Northrop Grumman, Falls Church, No. 118, up from No. 124, revenue of $23.5 billion, down 1.9 percent

10. Neutral Corner

Given how the McConnell ads drove Alabama Trumpets away from Strange, I have to think any high level Democrat stumping for Jones will cause more damage than good. You cannot overstate the Obama hatred here. We had people running for the Public Utilities Commision who ran against Obama.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    /obligatory

SnarkShark, Baron Scicluna and Hermes like this.
  12. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Alabama is 26% black. Obama could get a lot of them energized to vote. If jones can get 35+% of the white vote it could be very close. Otherwise, Moore walks in to the Senate and looks to beat Bernie with his cane on the Senate floor

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.