1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

There you go, using the word “your” when it’s long been clear you don’t know what it means.

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I don't know if you read the article, but it says that there are a couple that the intelligence services are virtually certain are authentic. Trump's behavior makes it very plausible that he might have gotten caught up in a honey trap and filmed, The problem is proving beyond a shadow of a doubt the authenticity of a given tape, finding the location and interviewing the women involved, etc. In the meantime lots of fakes, from fairly plausible to very badly done, are popping up. That makes it that much more difficult to prove authenticity, and makes it easier to say that it's just another fake like all the others. We may never know for sure.

Russia is fucking with us for sure. The article invokes James Jesus Angleton, the CIA director of counter-intelligence who all but tore the agency apart looking for a Russian mole that was never found and very likely did not exist. The Russians played on his paranoia and sold him on there being a high ranking mole, and his hunt for him became legendary in its intensity.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Please explain the intent of the above-linked statement.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Define “your”.

5. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Having seen you push back at criticism of Trump, Bannon et al, I assumed you were sympathetic to their alleged causes. If this is not the case, I apologize for lumping you in with them.
    Care to fill me in on the McConnell line?

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

From a FB friend's feed tonight. Note that she was a police officer for about ten years. The "friend who spoke out" is the woman I've spoken of, the 17 year old in the Moore story. This shit is my answer to "Why are they just now coming forward?". You have no idea how many women you know have been sexually abused in some way and chose to keep it private.

"I sat down with some old female friends one evening. We started talking and catching up. Four out of four of us had been either raped or otherwise sexually assaulted or harassed. Yes, four out of four. None of us had come forward. All of us cried. All of us understood why the others kept quiet. If you don’t get that, then that’s your issue, not ours. Fear is a strong motivator. Victim shaming is a common practice. We aren’t liars, we are human.

For my friend who spoke out knowing full well how this would go, I have your back."
    #Enough #MeToo

HC and RickStain like this.
  7. melock

melock Well-Known Member

8. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

That’s a bad horse trade. Either way we get something that isn’t good. The “tax cut” as presently written will in reality remove several deductions that will hammer the middle class. In this instance I would prefer keeping Moore as an albatross around McConnell’s and the GOP’s neck.

9. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

I bet it'll be a casual convo, like something about adoptions maybe

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

12. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

One of the reasons they want the tax thing done before the holidays is their concern about Moore. He can be a caucus of one and control the Senate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.