1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Honestly, if he wins, Senate should refuse to seat him and just tell the governor to send them another Republican. (Is that how it works?) I don't even care if the GOP wins this seat at this point as long as Moore doesn't get to serve.

YankeeFan and HanSenSE like this.
  2. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Come on. He's a gentleman. He asked permission first.

lakefront likes this.
  3. melock

melock Well-Known Member

All they care about is the R. If this was a democrat we were talking about there would be no IF these reports are true statements from republicans. As long as they're sent some republican they'll be cool with it.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

@YankeeFan would still vote for him

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Jemele's like, Why do they get to suggest boycotting advertisers!?

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I think Turner Classic Movies is kind of getting into political commentary. Right now it's showing Lolita.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Like Max Cady in Cape Fear.

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Alabama dude Perry Hooper Jr. was on MSNBC a few minutes ago proudly voicing his unwavering support for Moore.

Think he was the Trump campaign Alabama co-chair?

Wants all of Moore's accusers to take polygraph exams.

He also made it clear he reallyreallyreally wants that wall built.

Struck me as a loon, but this is where we are in 2017.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Doesn't look like they can refuse to seat him. Precedent comes from 1969 SCOTUS case involving Adam Clayton Powell Jr.
    The Constitutional Requirement to Seat the Senator from Illinois: Upholding the Rule of Law

The remedy would then be expulsion, but that may not work, either. Only two cases I can find of expulsion considerations for conduct before service in the Senate. One didn't get out of committee. Expulsion vote, which requires 2/3 majority, failed in the other.

U.S. Senate: Expulsion and Censure

When conservative Christian superhero Roy Moore wins the election, the GOP will do as it did with Trump. It will drop its statements of revulsion and happily do business with a cretin they suspect is guilty of moral turpitude.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Whether he knows it or not, and the answer is obviously not, the last thing he wants is for Moore's accusers to take a polygraph. If they pass, well, a bleak situation gets totally dark.

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Perry Hooper Jr. says it's all lies, Moore wouldn't do such a thing. He was quite adamant about it.

He also threw out a football analogy in the interview, so Roll Tide, or whatever.

Part of me wants Moore elected and seated so the Republicans can show the electorate exactly what they are these days.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.