1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I didn't read the piece yet but I thought this would be obvious. There was a wacky conspiracy every week and most normal folk were at the point of ignoring the right when they brought up a new one. I didn't vote for Clinton as I found him to be a scumbag, but I knew the majority of crap that was being thrown against the wall was BS. If that was the view of many, why would we believe the accuser that had denied she was raped?

2. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

Once you are a lame duck, true feelings can come out.

3. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

There are so many wonderful things to eat in Chicago, why touch that stuff?

4. Captain_Kirk

Captain_Kirk Well-Known Member

Of all the misguided opinions on this thread (and we're probably at 20,000 or so and counting), this is undoubtedly the most egregious.

5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I actually enjoy a deep dish now and then. But it is certainly not as good as a thin crust. I like the New York style but I most love the cracker thin pizza cut in squares that is most popular in Wisconsin.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The uranium "scandal" remains a completely ridiculous proposition made up whole cloth by an unrepentant nut job. If the executive office orders an investigation into it solely to deflect attention from its own crimes and to punish a political rival, the United States loses one of its few remaining norms that separate it from a banana republic dictatorship.

Heck, we've already got an ethnic majority party that consistently wins elections without a majority of the vote, a state-aligned propaganda tv station and the President openly admitting that he fired the head of the country's investigative law force for looking into his associates.

Double Down likes this.
  7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I set the odds at 2-5 that we get a "Pizzagate" investigation in the next three years.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

If we get uranium one, I'll go with you on that. Right now we haven't reached that point. Leaking that you are thinking about doing it or getting your craziest junior congressmen to call for it is a long way from actually doing it.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think a number of people who would otherwise have voted will stay home in disgust. This has to be a demoralizing time for rank and file Alabama Republicans. The hardcore Moore voters will still come out, of course.

I had expected to see a blizzard of Roy Moore commercials start this week. I have not seen a single one. I don't know if they had intended to start them later or if this is in response to the scandal breaking. Doug Jones appears regularly, but at nowhere near the ad intensity we had to endure during the Moore/Strange primary. If nothing else he's not pissing people off by bombing the airwaves.

10. Neutral Corner

They should probably re-examine Benghazi while they're at it.

11. Neutral Corner

Sessions has recused himself from decisions regarding Hillary because he served in the Trump campaign. For what that's worth.

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

You really think Trump will still be president for 3 more years?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.