1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

That we like pretty girls. Is that bad?

I call for a full SJ.com investigation into my actions.

2. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

3. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

You don't know shit.

4. YankeeFan

Easy tiger. It was a joke, based on your own posts, about -- I forget the exact line -- about not getting paid for twitter and other things.

Remember, I like you and have defended you.

5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You crossed a line when you fucked with soccer.

Donny in his element likes this.
  6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

My guess is that "Trump's plan to defeat ISIS" resembled Trump's budget or Trump's tax plan - ten or fifteen bullet points on two pieces of paper. ISIS was going to go down anyway, once all the various forces were in place to hammer them. They were guerrilla fighters, bombers, and terrorists, not a true army. They had little through the way of heavy weapons. No aircraft. Once you had the U.S. and Syrian and Kurdish allied forces, plus the Russians, Iranians, and Bashar Assad's army all arrayed against them, their days were numbered. They'll still linger, murder and bomb and do what terrorists do, but they are basically done.

The problem is what happens next. Trump is all about "America First". He is against "Nation Building". Syria as a functioning country has been hammered flat. Unless I seriously miss my guess there will be talks soon, and Assad will remain in power. We don't really want that, but when the diplomats sit down to hammer it out, Assad's people are going to not so gently remind us that we weren't invited in to solve their problems in the first place. Russia and Iran are going to be the big players in the aftermath. Russia will continue to support Assad as they have for many years. Trump's not going to commit U.S. money to the rebuilding of Syria, which is going to be a huge and very serious undertaking. He's going to push that off onto the Arabs and whatever Euro help he can find. Our influence in the aftermath will be nil.

This isn't Trump's success. He'll take credit for it, as he does anything good which happens while he's in office. Any of it that goes badly will be Obama's fault. Business as usual.

7. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

[​IMG] [​IMG]
    You reap what you sow.
    We've had fiji water in our office. They aren't that heavy to have to lift with two hands.

HanSenSE likes this.
  8. cjericho

cjericho Well-Known Member

He wasn't lifting with two hands, was holding the cap in his left hand.

9. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

His left hand is steadying the bottle as he awkwardly brings it to his lips. He needed two hands.
    Its like he has MS or something.

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. YankeeFan

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

12. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

Who are they? How more are they making? Where do they live?

Or are these charts based on phone calls?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.