1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He should be so lucky. You, on the other hand, are trying to be YF, but you aren't even particularly good at that.

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Strut baby, strut! Let the guys in the cheap seats see it!

lcjjdnh likes this.
  3. lcjjdnh

lcjjdnh Well-Known Member

I posted a link to a blogger who cited to three different papers. One of those papers was from a think tank that analyzed what happened in response to prior regulatory action. That was the only paper you addressed, and all you could muster in response was that you don’t like the think tank. (Nice shot at the “libertarian” blogger, too. Apparently you’re completely incapable of responding to any arguments without attacking the motives of the author.)

In support of your position, on the other hand, you’ve pointed me to what you “feel.”

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  4. doctorquant

Give it up @lcjjdnh ... saints can’t be bothered with evidence.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

I’m open to all evidence, but I’ve seen none and now I’m not sure either one of you knows what “evidence” means.

Am I allowed to find some links to people whose theories on net neutrality align with mine and call them “evidence” that I’m right?

Also, why is it a “shot” at a libertarian blogger when I call him a libertarian blogger? Is that something about which he should be ashamed?

Last edited: Nov 24, 2017
  6. doctorquant

Every night I bow my head and say, “Lord, make me as holy as @cranberry .”

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

Yes. We get it. You say that a lot. First step would be to stop apologizing for Nazis.

8. doctorquant

Godwin’s Law! In a net neutrality debate! Who’d a thunk it?

Actually, a shallow, bitter old Dem is involved in the debate. It was inevitable.

SpeedTchr and QYFW like this.
  9. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

10. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

My money is on the Women/#MeToo. Since Trump didn't do anything and the accusers all lied, that can't possibly be taken as a dig at him.

11. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Disabled little girl arrested after surgery, getting away with sexual assault and being a pedophile who bought a beauty pageant so he could walk in on teenage girls dressing, literally selling out American foreign policy to help himself get elected, using the presidency to enrich himself through his properties, assaults on health care that will literally kill people, stoking a war with North Korea,, stoking racial tensions that directly cause violence, helping force through the oil pipeline that is already poisoning the land of the people who live there, leaving Puerto Rico with criminally insufficient post-disaster care because brown people, firing the FBI director in a blatant obstruction of justice, gutting the EPA and climate change regulations for no good reason other than triggering liberals.

That's 10 things off the top of my head that have real, serious consequences, some of them deadly.

Tax cuts and regulation changes that let the powerful squeeze the less so in the "free" market are almost refreshing in their ordinariness.

heyabbott likes this.
  12. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.