1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Were the average citizens of Nazi Germany Nazi’s? If you voted for Hitler you own it. If you vote for trump you might not didle little girls, but you’ll support those that do.

And it’s not like they’ll be shamed into changing or acknowledging an error. They won’t. That’s why they are Trump sycophants. But you don’t have to treat them with respect or take them seriously or even respond as if you are talking to a real person.

Last edited: Nov 25, 2017
    cranberry likes this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I think history has been pretty clear that most military solutions to problems (however successful) will usually lead to other problems. Civil War, WWI, WWII, Korean War, Iraq, Afghanistan.

3. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

"Finally! Hillary's going up in flames!!!"

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I’ll kick the shit out of anyone who says I didle little girls.

5. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

If you’re a Republican and not actively speaking out, you’re part of the problem.

6. heyabbott

But you support people that do diddle little girls?

7. heyabbott

BTW, that’s not a denial

cranberry likes this.
  8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Oh piss off and quit being stupid. I was making fun of your silly little typo. Better that than your silly little histrionics.

9. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

I think that's fair.

10. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

What's the end game? If Trump's support was made up entirely of the MAGA!! people, he wouldn't have won. Whether we understand it or not, his message connected with a lot of people. That we believe our worst fears have been realized doesn't mean these people are retroactively child diddlers, KKK, or Nazis. And insisting that they kiss the ring of liberalism and admit that they basically empowered Hitler is, in my mind, going to have negative results. Plus, as it relates to this message board, I think you have to separate people who like to argue and play devil's advocate for conservatism from out-and-out Trump supporters, although I certainly don't want to speak on behalf of anyone else.

11. heyabbott

12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.