1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Or boxer.

2. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Not theoretical for some of us. I had to vote for Hillary Clinton for president. I still can't believe it.

YankeeFan, cranberry and RickStain like this.
  3. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Its like we are living a Twilight Zone episode.

cranberry likes this.
  4. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The fact that we found out that we found out Roy Moore is a child molester after the primary and the phrase "we found out the worst of it after the primary" is barely true says everything you need to know about Roy Moore. He was a piece of human shit even without the child molesting.

tapintoamerica likes this.
  5. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I’m far from a partisan hack. I frankly find partisan politics and blind partisan support distasteful.

My point - and I was somewhat hyperbolic - is that the current Democratic smorgasboard of positions on issues is more closely aligned with my principles than the current Republican smorgasboard of positions on issues.

I don’t get too into determining who is the better human. I think Donald Trump is an unfit nitwit, but I’m not even convinced he loses that battle to Hillary.

6. Guy_Incognito

Guy_Incognito Well-Known Member

Breaking News
    You're not kidding.

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It’s funny to me that folks here have been all about how keeping a child molester out of the Senate is the paramount thing in Alabama, even if it means people have to make the tough choice of voting for a candidate who does not represent their party.

But, when presented with an opportunity to do just that, it’s suddenly a problem strictly for republicans to solve.

Makes me think people aren’t actually desperate to keep a child molester out of the Senate, but are in fact more focused on picking up a seat.

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

There isn't enough trust to be able to build a realistic alliance to elect someone like Busby. The Democrats have no recourse if they try something like that, only to find out that Republican voters got Moore through anyway. And there's no reason to trust that they wouldn't do that.

9. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

This could be the dumbest of straw-man arguments that I've ever seen on this thread. And that's saying something

10. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Two birds with one stone.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

That's the guts of my question. I pay for access, and then I do as I wish without getting hit up for more money to do it. I also find the idea triply distasteful when applied to my home internet, where I have for many years paid my bill and then done as I wish. Why should I be okay with the ISP I pay deciding who I can shop from, what music service I use, whether I can use a chat app without paying extra based on the deals that their parent corporation makes? I don't pay my bill to watch their corporation's pet video feed, I pay it to do what I want to when I want to. What I do and where I go on the internet is none of their damn business, but because of limited options for internet access I'm stuck with their choices? Bull. Shit.

Slacker likes this.
  12. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

@YankeeFan, it sounds like you believe Busby is more likely to win than Jones. It's pretty clear that's not the case, which means a vote for Busby makes it more likely this molester is elected to the Senate.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.