1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

A pretty well-informed take on Harvard Law’s FWOC ...
    Elizabeth Warren, Progressive Fraud

YankeeFan likes this.
  2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

What heart?

3. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

4. Big Circus

If our faculty directories and cookbooks aren’t sacred, what is?

doctorquant likes this.
  5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I think the worst thing he does is call out individuals—almost always of colour—because I believe ultimately that will get someone killed. But in Britain, Britain First is regarded as a cult of racist-ass goons, and Britain can be pretty fucking racist. They are extremely bad people. To get support from the president of the United States... Well, yeah. That's really bad.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The bolded part is proved by those first four words. No other words were necessary.

HC and FileNotFound like this.
  7. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Sorry, additional thought here—I know Trump and Americans in general don't care about how the rest of the world views America, but this will not play well in the UK, except among the extremists. It will be seen as encouraging radicalism, an emboldening of the worst elements of British society.

8. Big Circus

This basically puts him on the same level as your garden-variety Facebook uncle.

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Because "sanctions" are nothing more than attitude in the absence of actual policy.

Last edited: Nov 29, 2017
  10. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

I too am perplexed. In the current environment, I can't help but wonder whether there's a sexual harassment story cooking and he wants to beat the posse out of town. I have zero knowledge of that, but he has long been rumored – well, more than rumored – to be a pretty abusive boss. I read with great interest the dueling lawsuits when he was fired years back by Current, Al Gore's former network, because I had written for a show on Current. There were a few gems in the lawsuits, such as Keith allegedly hurling mugs of coffee (cold, hopefully) at people when displeased, and freaking out when an employee coughed outside his closed door, firing off an email about the "distraction" or somesuch.

He always struck me as asexual, but who knows, especially these days.

Anyway, I agree that him simply retiring seems bizarre – can he never opine on politics in any forum, including a tweet? what does "retiring from political commentary" even mean? – and there has to be more to the story.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Olbermann cannot stand to work for any boss, even when he's his own boss.

HanSenSE likes this.
  12. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

He had a very not-secret relationship with Katy Tur when she was in her early 20s and he was about 50, so take that for what you will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.