1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Be prepared for lots of interstate driving on I-44 driving through Missouri. You can still find specs of Route 66, but they're few and far between.

2. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

We took a 7000+ mile road trip when I was a kid, and several more in the thousands. I loved them. Looking out the back window of station wagon with no worries was spectacular. When I got tired of looking out the window, I would read a book or pummel my older brother. Bliss.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I got a really detailed spiral-bound book that details every nook and cranny of the route - including spots like this where you have to get off of 66.

Route 66 is a MacGuffin anyway. It's just an excuse to take a family drive across America.

4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

What I'm saying is, Route 66 has been paved over, straightened and turned into an interstate throughout most of Missouri. I drove the length of it several years ago, from St. Louis to where it briefly dips its toe into Kansas. There ain't much original Route 66 left. The best preserved section is outside Joplin. Take that, and stop in at the Hogs & Hot Rods bar if it's still there.

5. Dick Whitman

I understood what you were saying.

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Tucumcari, NM, has a great stretch of the old road (called Route 66 Blvd. now). Lots of old motor courts, restaurants, etc., from back in the day. Holbrook, AZ, also has a lot of that stuff. There’s even a still-in-operation wigwam motel.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Y'all must have some long-ass commutes compared to my five-minute one.

Dick Whitman likes this.
  8. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

F U :mad:

JC likes this.
  9. Dick Whitman

Mine is seven minutes now. It's glorious.

10. The Big Ragu

The Big Ragu Moderator Staff Member

RickStain likes this.
  11. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Mine is 45 minutes to an hour, to go 15 miles.

If I have to go downtown, it's easily twice that long even though it's a shorter distance.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Trust me, I appreciate living 1.3 miles from work. I might - might - put five miles per workday on my Jeep. It's why I just hit 70k miles in a 2006 model.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.