1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

I'm enjoying the moving of the goal posts from "no contact" to "well, it wasn't illegal contact." I guess the next act is "well, even if it was illegal it shouldn't be!"

HanSenSE likes this.
  2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

YF is sounding more and more like the March Madness seeding committee, not considering the total body of work. There may be multiple layers to this.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

As I recall, the origin of this particular part of the thread was you saying "No laws were broken here". I don't think the language of this statute is so obscure that a lawyer is required to understand it. It was obviously broken by Flynn. There are other laws that he broke that he is not being prosecuted for as well, more serious ones.

It is a long established fact that getting away with something without being prosecuted is not the same as being innocent.

4. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Obama: Mr. President-elect, I know we've had our differences, but I implore you, don't hire Gen. Flynn. He's a bad dude who will cause you big problems.
    Trump: Ha! I'll show you!

melock and HanSenSE like this.
  5. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Or "Even if it was illegal that wasn't one of the charges in his indictment!"

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

The deflection group are a little bit right.

Short of a confession or tape recording, it's more or less impossible to *prove* the difference between "We had a meeting where we traded X to our friend for Y, which was illegal" versus "We had a meeting with our friend where we talked about friendly stuff. Unrelated, we're such good friends that we gave them X, and they gave us Y, in a case of coincidental friendship."

So in that sense, it's incredibly possible that the investigation won't turn up anything actionable on Russian election influence. Well, it would be actionable among intellectually honest people, but not the current people in charge of Congress.

But it's obvious to anyone paying attention what actually happened, and they repeatedly committed crimes in the cover-up that are much easier to prove.

Double Down likes this.
  7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

If Obama liked it, Trump hates it. And vice versa. Lather, rinse, repeat.

8. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Everything we did was totally above board and not at all problematic, which is why we lied to the FBI about it, fired the FBI director for looking into it, fired the acting attorney general shortly after she brought the lying to our attention, pressured our Attorney General to get the investigation shut down, and have repeatedly pressured members of congress to do the same, all the while openly mulling (on Twitter, no less) the limits of the president's power to pardon people.

9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

What time does Donald hit the tweet machine?

No way he runs silent runs deep on this.

He's going to surface and engage and it will be fabulous.

10. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

And hey, how about that Hillary!

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

12. Stoney

Stoney Well-Known Member

C'mon, that's totally the way innocent people behave.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.