1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Textbook.

Typefitter has decided he’s a good person. He takes the right stances on issues. He’s loyal to people who are loyal to him. He calls former students to double check that a hug from years ago was not improper.

Therefore, Typefitter trusts Typefitter’s motives when Typefitter makes a bawdy joke about, say, forcible anal rape with the U.S. government’s tacit approval. It was just a joke, you see. By a good guy.

SnarkShark likes this.
  2. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

So does all this mean I will hear MORE "tax resolution" advertisements on the radio . . . or less?

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

He said prison rape is bad. Is that not good enough for you?

SnarkShark likes this.
  4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Not gonna learn anything following CP. But I will look into articles from Tiger Beat on the Potomac. Thanks for the info.

5. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It wasn't the coverage. It was the people writing it doing their very best to sneak it through without their opposition or the public understanding what was in it. Put the blame where it belongs for once.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  6. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Interesting stuff on the process but light on specifics. I'll keep looking.

How McConnell got a win on taxes

7. outofplace

No, it really isn't a different issue. You want to blame the reporting for the public's lack of knowledge regarding the bill when the Republicans pushed to make sure that ignorance remained in place.

8. outofplace

Typical YF. The wrong thing was done, but liberals are sad, so it's okay. You're perfectly happy to see this country suffer as a whole as long as you get to see liberal tears.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

SnarkShark and QYFW like this.
  10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Some good stuff in here. It's a start. Hopefully we'll get more on the specifics -- such as the fates of the adoption tax credit and 401K contributions and more numbers on individual tax breaks -- in the coming days.

Appreciate the info.

What's next on tax reform

Double Down likes this.
  11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump just confessed to obstruction of justice. Again. On Twitter, he said he had to fire Flynn for lying to Pence AND the FBI. Flynn of course was fired before Trump asked Comey to go easy on him.

12. outofplace

You do realize following the logic of your suggestion here would be your support of YF trolling, right? Funny how often you defend then practice, then whine when you are called out for doing it yourself.

Regardless, my post is still correct. YF cares more about his side winning than he cares about the good of the country. He has proven that time and again. You just don't like it because...well, I really don't know why you are so desperate to defend him.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.