1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Yeah, a Paul Ryan-led House is gonna go to war with the Senate.

2. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

"Led" is a very strong word to describe Ryan's relationship with his caucus. The Freedom Caucus people are going to want to deep six several provisions, especially the concession to Collins on local property tax deductions. Some of the Republican House members from suburban districts are going to want it in. I believe their differences will be settled, but there might be some more suspense as they are.

3. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Tl;dr

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

... and he just tweeted it out.

5. HanSenSE

Rich people? On this board?

6. HanSenSE

Probably because it got railroaded down their throats before they had a chance to read the damn thing.

Again, the world's greatest deliberative body.

7. Dick Whitman

Isn’t this theoretically kind of better for Trump? Pleading for mercy rather than obstructing the investigation?

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  8. YankeeFan

That’s how I read it.

He “hoped” Comey could let Flynn go. Comey testified that he didn’t take it as an order.

And, Trump didn’t fire Comey for not letting Flynn off.

Also, Trump could fire Flynn for any reason.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

Well the guy is a pro at declaring bankruptcy, so never let it be said he doesn’t know when to fold ‘em. He’s fucked.

10. YankeeFan

Lock them up!

[​IMG]

11. Dick Whitman

Thing is, I’ve been known to make an ironic off-color joke, as well. I’ve stated here that there are posters who would leave catatonic if they played a round of golf with me and some of my guys. I’m not against an ironic off-color joke. But when you’re playing Whack-a-Mole here tsk-tsking others, then turning around and cracking wise yourself along the same lines and it’s suddenly OK because you’re a Good Guy who takes the Right Sides, it’s not a great look.

Last edited: Dec 2, 2017
  12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It is a request from the President of the United States. It is still obstruction.

Hell, we've had this discussion about people using their power to get what they want from those with less power quite a bit lately. Even YF has been pushing the importance of it now that he can use it to attack some Democrats. Just because it was a legal favor rather than a sexual one that he was asking for doesn't make it any less an abuse of power.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.