1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Yep. Went from silence to "Oops, sorry about the boo-boo" to "Egregious error for which we will now apologize with a tepid punishment."

2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Is “White House lawyer” the same thing as “member of White House counsel’s office”? There’s no attorney-client privilege there, is there?

3. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

So they gave Jesus the coin, and he asked, "Whose likeness is this? And whose inscription?"
    "Trump's picture, and some inane Tweet," they answered.
    "Oh," the Lord replied, "in that case, don't give him a penny. He's too immoral to collect taxes."

4. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

A month without salary isn't exactly tepid.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I don't know which Dowd is, but you're right and 2. The story might be bullshit. For one thing, what lawyer uses "pled" for "pleaded." I can't tell you how many times the Phoenix and Herald copy desks rapped my knuckles for that one. Dowd will be asked if he wrote it by Mueller's team, and if he didn't, he'd better say so.

6. Double Down

Double Down Well-Known Member

Tralalla tralalalee, just another day of our idiot president admitting obstruction of justice on Twitter and people scrambling to pretend he didn't really mean do it. Mosey along, nothing to see here.

HanSenSE likes this.
  7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Why would she be worried about a report catching them "red-handed" if there was nothing to be worried about and she was just mocking Democrats' accusations?

lakefront likes this.
  8. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Good question. Keep in mind YF is right and she really is an idiot. BTW, I just buffed up my resume because I think I'd make a great Ambassador to Singapore. I'd gain 40 pounds, but I could do it.

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

10. Della9250

Della9250 Well-Known Member

11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Here comes the pardon.

YankeeFan likes this.
  12. Twirling Time

Twirling Time Well-Known Member

They can all be pardoned right down to the lowest man on the totem pole, but they still can be compelled to testify. With other targets off the table, the guns turn toward the top.

Nothing to gain from it for Trump.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.