1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

He doesn't make anyone's head explode, he doesn't embarrass Americans - he is an embarrassment to himself, the people who raised him and his enablers.
    His dumbfuckery has nothing to do with me.

cyclingwriter2 and SpeedTchr like this.
  2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I understand that it doesn't take a lot for people to be "swung" to your "side" of an argument when they are predisposed to either side with one side, or oppose the other side regardless, but my goodness you would think it would require more than the "its cold, therefore no global warming" or "Hannity sez Trump is getting railroaded by Mueller, therefore Trump IS getting railroaded"
    I was hoping that Trump would return the GOP to the reality grid when he said the Iraq War was a mistake. I think a lot of his initial support was due to GOP voters who knew Iraq went sideways and were frustrated that the GOP orthodoxy was to still call it a huge success. Instead, those voters are being led down another road of deception.

Last edited: Dec 28, 2017
  3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Not hard to find during an eclipse, either.

[​IMG]

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

In 2020, the Democrats should just keep repeating "we'll put the adults back in charge," over and over again.

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

No, they'd better come up with a solid candidate and a winning platform this time.

Throwing around cutesy slogans doesn't get the job done on their side.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Leave it in subtext.

I don't know how it would play, but I'd want the candidate to seriously consider refusing to debate Trump. Don't dignify him with an equal stage that he is not mentally competent to handle.

7. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Trump will be the one to refuse to debate, just like Moore. By 2020, his handlers will barely be able to allow him to be out in public.

lakefront likes this.
  8. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

Yeah, I would want Trump talking as much as possible. The more he talks, the the dumber he sounds.

Of course, moderators need to keep him from repeating lies. No easy task.

9. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Trump’s riff on weather/climate is no dumber than that routinely trotted out by the leftward third of my Facebook feed. Mutatis mutandis he’d be busting the rubric in your garden-variety JC seminar.

10. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Why start then, given his track record on lies.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

12. melock

melock Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.