1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Mellows people out to the point that they just want to listen to the Dead, eat burritos and play hacky sack and/or Super Mario Bros.

Or, at least, that was the case when I was in college.

2. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

I have always considered cigarettes the true gateway drug. Isn't that what most of us tried first?

3. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

Yikes, that's a bit harsh. I heard there were pro government protests. No?

4. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

I don’t really have a problem with athletes using pot, but have always been mystified at how so many can smoke anything with regularity and still perform at a high level. Put edibles on the training table for all I care, but I don’t get smoking up when there are other options.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I think YF has well and truly abandoned his former persona—"Gently Inquiring Doofus"—for a somewhat blunter instrument.

BitterYoungMatador2 likes this.
  6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Depends on the topic.

We're not all experts on bullfighting, cuban cigars, poker rooms, marijuana, boxing, sex, and marijuana.

Until night, it's Guilt City, Havana. Especially from the top of the Parque Central hotel, rising high and new out of the nearruins, with its rooftop pool and bar and rich Germans browning in the last of the sun that's been cooking the poor streetbounds since morning. After dark, it's easier to forget what surrounds you, because you can't see the poverty; only the hotels stand out, like stars against the night, foreign currency having trumped the day's electricity rations. In the distance: the historic Hotel Nacional, where you wandered this afternoon on the lazy hunt for cigars. Not Cohibas -- every fat-fuck turista down here smokes Cohibas -- but a box of Sancho Panzas, cheap and creamy and drawing enough heady smoke to begin choking out the last strains of ill feeling. The rum assists -- in mojitos, drunk through straws stuck in a pile of wet sugar at the bottom -- as do the cheeseburgers, grind-house bloody, because there are no surgeons general to mind your store in Cuba. Nobody cares if you die down here. And at last, just now, spitting out the end of your night's fourth cigar, ordering another rummy drink, your belly full and warm with still-kicking meat, you don't care, either.

8. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

In the final scene of the last episode of the Trump Show, authorities come to the White House to charge Trump with a whole host of crimes. The camera zooms in on Trump's face as he sits at the Resolute Desk.

Trump says "Donald J. Trump? That psycho loser? I got nothing to do with him. My name is John Baron."

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I enjoyed my pot, and that’s when the options were limited. Now it’s the explosion in wine popularity after Sideways came out. People who think pot is just that garbage shit made you goofy, sleepy or have the munchies in college need a refresher course. I have friends who vape THC regularly, and that stuff is legit enjoyable. An active, controllable high with no side effects. I’ve been trying to quit drinking hard alcohol bc — while the buzz is great — I am not great after one too many, and I am seriously considering getting into pot. And I’m 44 and last bought a Z like 15 years ago.

Inky_Wretch and BadgerBeer like this.
  10. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I did this a few years ago. I never had a drinking problem but it got to the point that I didn't enjoy it as much. Then I wanted to lose weight so I needed to cut down my beer drinking. Now days I will catch a buzz later in the evening after my wife goes to bed and unwind (not every night). Sleep like a baby and enjoy reruns of Family Guy on Adult Swim. I'm 55 and I quit smoking weed when I graduated from Madison in 1986 so I learned in a hurry not to smoke the amount I did in the old days.

CD Boogie likes this.
  11. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

She probably set it herself.*

*Putting this here so the Breitbart commenters can just copy-and-paste.

12. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

That’s what the Jew lawyer is for.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.