1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

You're not smart.

Not Devil dumb, but not smart.

Might have to stop replying to you.

2. YankeeFan

Why does the Daily Beast hate ambitious women?

Male candidates aren't required to pretend they don't wan't the job.

Next thing you know, they'll be calling her bossy.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

It's the usual "do they pass the various liberal litmus tests" stuff. Every candidate gets this treatment at some point.

She's going to be among the 2020 candidates unless the wheels come off somehow.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Heh. Every protest we like is always "homegrown unrest and anger." Even the ones where our congressmen, state department employees, intelligence agencies and NATO agents remarkably have boots on the ground.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

If this protest, like every other major international protest in my lifetime, hadn't caught America's fearsome imperial apparatus totally by surprise leaving us with no idea what to do, I might agree with you.

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

"Sloppy Steve" lol

7. YankeeFan

8. Big Circus

Big Circus Well-Known Member

Oh, I’m definitely not arguing it’s safe. Although that was our code word in high school when it was time to blaze. “Yo man, you don’t look very safe, we need to rectify that.” Man, we were some cool motherfuckers.

Donny in his element likes this.
  9. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Next time I’m in Colorado I’m having a jeff sesh.

Did I do that right?

Help an old man out.

10. YankeeFan

Doesn't sound like Democrats want to protect Dreamers.

The White House on Friday presented Congress with an expansive list of hard-line immigration measures, including an $18 billion request to build a wall at the Mexican border, that President Trump is demanding in exchange for protecting young undocumented immigrants.

The request, which totals $33 billion over a period of 10 years for border security measures including the wall, could jeopardize bipartisan talks aimed at getting an immigration deal. Among the items on Mr. Trump’s immigration wish-list: money to hire 10,000 additional immigration officers, tougher laws for those seeking asylum, and denial of federal grants to so-called “sanctuary cities.”

The list, delivered to Senator Richard J. Durbin, the Illinois Democrat who has been leading the talks related to young immigrants without documentation, is identical to one Democrats declared a non-starter when the White House issued it in October.

“President Trump has said he may need a good government shutdown to get his wall,” a furious Mr. Durbin said in an emailed statement Friday afternoon. “With this demand, he seems to be heading in that direction.’’

The senator went on: “It’s outrageous that the White House would undercut months of bipartisan efforts by again trying to put its entire wish-list of hard-line anti-immigrant bills — plus an additional $18 billion in wall funding — on the backs of these young people.”

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

There are pot shops in Seattle that take in $2 million per month. By law, it must be a cash-only business. And because pot is still against federal law, the shop owners cannot deposit their cash in a bank. This leads to the serious need for security. As to where they store the cash, I can only guess a storage shed in a complex. Strange stuff.

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Oh, horseshit. They're just not willing to roll over and throw their legs in the air for Trump to get what they want.

Horse trading requires some give and take to meet in the middle. It's not "Here's what I want, give it to me and you can get what you want". The Dems do want it, and the may blink and do the deal... but the Wall is nonsense.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.