1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Does adding "geopolitical" to the term make it not racist?

2. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

It’s a shithole country, you should recognize it. It’s obvious to trump. Have you never seen Haiti.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

@3_Octave_Fart is pretty adamant that Chicago is a shithole.

I doubt he's talking about Michigan Avenue.

So, what's he talking about? Are his comments racist?

A fkin shithole.

7 dead, 7 wounded in Santa Barbara shooting rampage

4. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

From that particular angle, it could be one of a hundred countries. Turn the camera around, though, and . . .

[​IMG]

5. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

Just in case you were wondering if Trump was lying:

6. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Point taken.

I don't think the comment was racist at all. I think it's the thought of a man who is afraid of leaving his own house. Essentially, my 93-year-old grandmother is President.

He thinks where you live is a shithole. He thinks where I I live is a shithole. He thinks a four-star hotel is a shithole.

That's a lot of people with money. He's just stupid enough to say it out loud. And be leading a populist revolution while doing it for extra creamy irony.

7. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Rachel Maddow said her staff reached out to every Republican in the room; none would give a comment. I imagine every other major news outlet did the same.

In other words, the Republicans were willing to sit idly by while their racist leader of their party let his true colors fly. That's not NBC's fault.

HanSenSE and Neutral Corner like this.
  8. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Kinda like blaming Obama for something Bush did, no?

HanSenSE likes this.
  9. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Now is a perfect opportunity to remember that Democrats are the real racists.

10. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

Blame the media! Blame the Democrats! Blame Hillary! She must have used the term shithole at some point, right?

Just don't blame President Trump....don't look at the way he embarrassed himself and the entire country yet again...don't look....please... sob...

11. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

And you’ve proved trump is an ignorant savage, as is anyone who provides him with support. Every place has good and bad. But people aren’t places are they? Trump came from Queens and there are millions people who come from Queens. It’s not a shithole. But trump is a Shithole of a person. People immigrate to America, not places. They may be escaping terrible conditions, doesn’t make them terrible people. I don’t know where you come from ...

12. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Save yourself the effort, YF, because it turns out Trump never used the word "shithole." At least that appears to what he's claiming. Really, who knows anymore.

I'd hate to see you waste as much time as during the Frederica Wilson/Myeisha Johnson dustup, when you (and John Kelly, and half the administration) tied yourself in knots defending statements that Trump continues to insist he never made.

Maybe you and your boss could get on the same page? I know that's tough since he can't read, but all anyone can ask is that you do your level best. TIA.

Donny in his element likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.