1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

He did think before he posted. He thinks he has a gotcha, as seen in his response to your post.

He doesn't, and lakefront explained a big part of why Trump's statement is racist.

More importantly, if you want to move past the discussion of racism, it is elitist and spits in the face of American ideals. We are a nation of immigrants. We take people in and give them a chance. We are the land of opportunity.

But Trump doesn't want that. Neither does YankeeFan. You have to be like them to be worthy now. No more huddled masses. No more tired. No more poor. Lock them out. Trump only wants people like himself, who were born on the basepaths and thought they got a hit.

lakefront and HanSenSE like this.
  2. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

I’ll mark you down as a no, calling predominately black nations shitholes is not racist.

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

And now a report that last night Trump spent the evening calling folks asking how they thought the shithole comment was playing in the media. He was seeking approval for saying it.

4. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Mr. President, are you a racist?

5. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

[​IMG]
    What a Panamaniac might look like.

6. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

"Of course not. I have many Ne-... I have many, many black friends. Many black friends. Omarosa. She's black. She's my friend. She was my friend, anyway. She'll be my friend again. I'm like that. Very friendly. Love all people. Racist? No. No. That's ridiculous. Fake news. I invented that term, you know. Fake. Look how many black people work at Mar-A-Lago. If I hated black people, do you think I'd let them shine my shoes? These are the best shoes by the way. Trump Brand shoes. Best brand in the world. The best. Believe me."

melock and lakefront like this.
  7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Seems fitting given Trump's mindset ...

These families came here to work. They came to build. Others came to America in different ways, from other lands, under different, often harrowing conditions, but this place symbolizes what they all managed to build, no matter where they came from or how they came or how much they suffered.
    They helped to build that magnificent city across the river. They spread across the land building other cities and towns and incredibly productive farms.
    They came to make America work. They didn’t ask what this country could do for them but what they could do to make this refuge the greatest home of freedom in history.
    They brought with them courage, ambition and the values of family, neighborhood, work, peace and freedom. They came from different lands but they shared the same values, the same dream.
    Today a President of the United States would have us believe that dream is over or at least in need of change.

I Should Coco likes this.
  8. I Should Coco

I Should Coco Well-Known Member

This shows what Trump is, even more than yesterday's idiotic comments.

He's the ultimate egomaniac, who will say anything to gain approval from people he thinks are important. And yes, many of those people hate Africans, Haitians, minorities, and any American who isn't in the Deep Red zone.

9. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

This is clearly fake; Trump can't speak more than 5 seconds without saying there was no Russia collusion.

melock likes this.
  10. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

11. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I was just pointing out that your retirement turnaround obviously started in March 2009, not 2011-12.

When that poem was placed at the feet of Lady Liberty, the federal government offered no help of any kind to anybody.

We welcomed people here, but the understanding was "you better work from sunup to sundown, lest you and your family starve." A desperate family might get help from neighbors or a local church.

Now, if that's the America we want to go back to --- everybody's welcome, nobody gets any help --- by all means go for it. With those spending cuts, we'd have that $20 trillion debt paid off in no time.

Last edited: Jan 12, 2018
  12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.