1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

TowelWaver, lakefront and Deskgrunt50 like this.
  2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Ahem. Africa is the second largest continent in the world, both in terms of land mass and population, it is majority black, and according to Trump the entire thing is a shithole.

Sweeping generalization.

3. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

4. TheSportsPredictor

TheSportsPredictor Well-Known Member

If it's perfectly OK for Trump to call these countries shitholes, as YF implies, them Trump should just admit he said it and repeat it on live TV.

In reality D.C. is the shithole.

5. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

I learned this a couple years ago and it quickly became my favorite thing to tell other people at a bar. And it's better when they don't believe you and you have to check out the family tree on your phone.

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. cranberry

cranberry Well-Known Member

You're making a silly reach because you were proven wrong in your earlier assessment.

The fact is "parties in control of Congress" have even less effect on the economy than presidents, who, generally, have very little. I'd also like to point out that the S&P isn't a substitute for the economy as a whole.

With that said, in the case of pulling a country out of the deepest recession of our lifetimes, the Obama administration did a remarkable job -- from getting stimulus packages enacted (despite fierce GOP opposition) to the appointment of Janet Yellen to getting the Dodd-Frank legislation done. Those actions have been the catalysts of the second-longest expansion in history.

However, this particular expansion will eventually end, not because Democrats will take over Congress, but because of a combination of deregulation and a tax cut for corporations and wealthy people (aka greedy Trump/GOP policies) that is adding more than $1.5 trillion to our debt.

Fed's Dudley warns that tax cuts putting economy on an 'unsustainable path'

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Whose chief qualification is owning a Panama hat and having a few bank accounts down there.

9. Donny in his element

Donny in his element Well-Known Member

Fucking Arcade Fire.

Hermes likes this.
  10. Hermes

Hermes Well-Known Member

Can you imagine if Trump has a taping system in the White House? Can you imagine how great that tape would be? If they get released in 30 years, my retirement is largely going to involve drinking bourbon and cackling while listening to those tapes.

HanSenSE and Neutral Corner like this.
  11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Also a big, big Van Halen fan.

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

I still believe that the one thing that could sink him—not Mueller, not Congress, not the electorate—are The Apprentice tapes. You know he used the N-word, and he used it a lot, and there are tapes of him using it. I think The Apprentice tapes are to Trump what tax evasion was to Capone.

lakefront likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.