1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Well, I apologize for Paragraph 2. But don’t assume others haven’t known hardship, either, that’s all.

2. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Say all you want about the bad of party politics, they do have influence. Right now the GOP is looking at a widening gap between their base and the majority of American voters. That isn't good. Why the rest of the party would allow the President to take them all down mystifies me. Granted, the base is at a point where they are ride or die with Trump and they probably have to choose between making it through a primary right now - maybe something changes after the primaries are done. I don't know. I doubt the base would support a candidate in the general who disavowed the President and it would end up costing you as many votes as you might gain.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Joy Reid may be the queen of #FakeNews.

As usual, far more retweets for the fake story than for the correction.

4. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Wow, guy who isn't at all Dick's sock puppet. That's classy.

5. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

Just when I thought this place couldn't get any more strange.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Privilege and hardship are not mutually exclusive.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Fair enough. I stand by the post about the democracy. Others’ mileage may vary.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

So off base, it’s not even funny.

And no, it’s not Piotr either. I can’t believe people are ever confused by this.

QYFW likes this.
  9. Earl’s Court

Earl’s Court New Member

Wouldn’t you admit you’re privileged?

10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They have examples on YouTube of what you would see/hear on TV during an attack sequence. Right up until there's nothing left to broadcast. IIRC it's pretty similar. Although once it was apparent that it's the real thing I think the soccer game would go away and just an alert would fill the screen.

Last edited: Jan 13, 2018
  11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Rick is an annoying fuck but enough with the posts about him and his kid. It's not right.

Iron_chet and SpeedTchr like this.
  12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

The recent trend—@Dick Whitman and @YankeeFan are doing it, too, if you're being honest—toward family lives being inbounds here is really gross. The last resort of true psychos.

Iron_chet and HanSenSE like this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.