1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

True ... using executive orders in such a way is sooooooo unseemly.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

A. I think most voters are happy to have the "dreamers" stay, assuming that border enforcement is improved, so we don't end up in this same situation every 10 or 20 years. (Which was supposed to be the outcome of the Reagan amnesty in the 1980's.) But, if you make voters choose between "dreamers" and the CHIP program, or other priorities, I think you'll see it's support slip.

2. DACA has nothing to do with this spending bill. CHIP isn't going to be given a separate vote, any more than any spending priority will be, because it's part of the spending bill. If anything were to get a stand alone vote, it would be related to military families, and would result from pressure on Dems.

iii. DACA isn't going to be tied to this spending bill, because it's a separate issue, that needs to be addressed in concert with other immigration reforms. It's sort of funny. Dems have all along said they wanted "comprehensive immigration reform", which sounds good in the abstract. Well, now, we have a chance to do just that, and Dems say we don't have enough time, and that we need a clean bill to protect dreamers.

B. Dems have further mucked up the issue by pushing for legal status for more than just the dreamers. They want to extend it to those who have lost "temporary" protected status, and are facing deportation, including those from Haiti.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You certainly spend a disproportionate amount of posting space in bashing those who criticize Trump. So it's quite understandable that some might suspect you of being a Trumpist.

4. YankeeFan

I've been following his European trip. Have been to Prague and Berlin, but Vienna looked incredible.

5. YankeeFan

What was the number of the executive order that created DACA? I'd like to read it.

6. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Donald "Our Country Needs a Good Shutdown" Trump is now pushing #Democrat Shutdown on Twitter. Also, no collusion.

7. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Nonlinear thinking is hard.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

There are a disproportionate number of Democrats on here.

If DQ "bashed" one political post by everyone on here, that would make the score 2,538 negative posts toward Democrats, and two negative posts toward Republicans.

He would be viewed as overly harsh on Democrats, but he would be treating everyone the same.

9. YankeeFan

Why won't the party, that holds the majority in both houses, and the White House, address the priorities of the party in the minority, while getting nothing in return, and while the same minority party does everything in their power to block the majority party's priorities?

QYFW likes this.
  10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I agree with Warren on political matters, but she'll be 71 on Inauguration Day 2021. That's a big DQ for me. Biden, Trump, Sanders etc.

FileNotFound likes this.
  11. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

“[T]hose who criticize Trump” is an awfully big set.

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

arrested-development002-730x365.jpg

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.