1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

My pleasure. It'll be interesting to see if protest drives votes, or even turnout.

Tea Party might say yes.

Nixon'68 says no.

2. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Just curious, but why?

Because you'd prefer any Republican who wins the TX-21 primary, sight unseen, to Kopser? Do you know anything else about Joseph beyond what was in that post? Does the "D" next to his name disqualify him in your eyes? Or is it something else?

Not trying to pick a fight. Just trying to understand where you're coming from.

3. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

I agree with this. Some of the things that Trump has said that he believes – everything from rebuilding our infrastructure to eliminating the carried interest deduction – are things that plenty of Dems could get behind. Except for... some of the things in the rest of your post make that impossible.

4. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Checked that paper out and it, or a version of it, was published in 2013 in a top, top economics journal. Odd that that’s where it found its home.

5. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

Just curious about the view from the right...where did the fault lay for the shutdowns on Obama's watch?

6. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

He is pro-abortion. Automatically disqualifies him for me.
    I lived in that district for portions of Smith's tenure, and the rep who preceded him, Tom Loeffler. They did a fine job in my view.

7. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

But if he can’t get Cotton and his cabal to sign off, it won’t matter. And Trump has zero sway over the future POTUS. He is running the show not Trump.

8. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Fair enough. Though I would characterize him as pro-choice, not pro-abortion. Regardless, I'm not looking to litigate the term – you gave a straight answer. Thanks.

9. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Anyone who says that anyone else is pro abortion is an ignorant fool. Just a vulgar wretch of a shell of human. Abortion is none of your business unless you are pregnant. Most people who don’t want others to get abortions are just control freaks who hate that others have choices and who otherwise wouldn’t lift a finger or a dollar to help a stranger.

The Bible is replete with references that adultery is a grave sin and third only to idolatry and murder. Yet most anti choice people love adulterous behavior in their leaders.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  10. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The best people ...

11. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

12. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

As I have often said, I'm not really reveling in so many of Trump's cabinet appointees being such spectacular failures. He'll just replace them with even less competent people.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.