1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jr/shotglass

jr/shotglass Well-Known Member

If I didn't feel badly enough about men these days -- 53 percent of them approve of Trump, says fivethirtyeight.com.

[​IMG]

2. poindexter

poindexter Well-Known Member

Sure.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I’m wondering if you missed it on the first read. It was infamous at the time, and is widely referenced, including in the 2014 LA Times column I quoted.

4. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

To you, it doesn't. To women who have to go through with it, maybe it does. The degree of the physical toll doesn't matter.

My question was should a person be able to do force another person to undergo a physical toll in order for the first person to survive?

5. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

6. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

"... on Monday, Democrats wanted more in exchange for the votes to end the shutdown."

Interesting ... I was told this was the Republicans' doing.

7. YankeeFan

Black was out, and pink was in at the SAG Awards last night.

I guess the problems in Hollywood were all solved when women wore black at the Golden Globes.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It was the Democrats' fault as in "I'm starving. 'Here's a dog turd sandwich.' I'm not eating that. 'Well, I tried to help.'"

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I fail to see how postponing an issue for three weeks does anything for anybody. This CR does reauthorize CHIP for six years, so that's something, but in the end, the Republicans want to deport the Dreamers because of the party's white racism and there's not much Democrats can do about it except get votes on the record on the issue -- which of course McConnell and Ryan would shut the government down until Election Day to avoid. Those young men and women are fucked because so many white people in this country are so full of hate and fear.

11. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I think the Republicans inadvertently put their foot in a bear trap when they took the Dreamers hostage. Some of them were just playing an extortion game for political advantage but did not truly intend to harm the dreamers. Some of them intend to play political games and then kill the hostage. They can't agree on an endgame.

12. YankeeFan

Women supporting women is a beautiful thing.

Way to go Megyn and NBC.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.