1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

Mueller has given Trump's lawyers a list of "possible topics" he would bring up in an interview. It's like a prick college professor's approach. "These are the questions that MIGHT be on the exam." Of course, it means they'll have to prep their short attention span client on more topics than probably will be brought up, increasing the chances of disaster for the witness.

Neutral Corner and britwrit like this.
  2. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

Hey now!

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Remind me, was there a court reporter in the room when the FBI interviewed Hillary Clinton?

doctorquant likes this.
  4. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

First, explain to us how that is relevant?

Actually, don't bother. It isn't.

HanSenSE and Smallpotatoes like this.
  5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

It’s shifting, and has been for years.

Walmart passed Toys R Us in toy sales almost 20 years ago.

Now there’s Amazon. Amazon and Walmart employ a lot of people.

6. JC

JC Well-Known Member

It’s possible to have you on ignore and continue mock you.

7. doctorquant

I thought it was required ... my syllabus says it is.

8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

A prick professor tells the class, "These are the questions that WILL be on the exam," and then doesn't use any of them.

He then tells the angry students, "Surely you didn't think I was just going to give you the exam in advance. If you did, your F is rightfully earned."

9. doctorquant

I’ve got to rethink some things ...

franticscribe likes this.
  10. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

I had an archaeology professor my freshman year who was my hero.

I get an A on the first two exams, but I suddenly start daydreaming during the third part of the course. I don't know what was on my mind (other than the fact that the girl sitting next to me looked like Agnetha from ABBA), but the week of the final I had taken basically no notes, had read nothing. "What the hell were we talking about the past three weeks?!!?" I'm in a panic.

Day before the final, professor calls about 5-6 names, mine being one, to see him after class. He hands us a small strip of paper. "Because of your scores on Exams 1 and 2, you have earned a course grade of "A" and are excused from taking Exam 3. Good luck in your future academic endeavors."

At least that's what mine said. Maybe someone else got, "Because of your scores on Exams 1 and 2, don't even bother showing up for Exam 3. The world needs ditch diggers, too."

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

12. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

It's gutless, but I don't believe him. Given the guy's track record, it's a safe bet to assume everything he says is a lie.

This does show that you'll back anybody if I'm on the other side, little pile-jumper.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.