1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

"But that’s not the point I wanted to make, which is I have never seen an election in which the markets have so strong of a view as to what was good and bad about the outcome. And what you saw was the markets rallying yesterday because of the FBI thing on Sunday. And the reason I mention this particularly is if the likely event happens and Trump wins you will see a market crash of historic proportions, I think."

Steven Rattner: If ‘Trump Wins You Will See a Market Crash of Historic Proportions’

2. YankeeFan

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

To be fair, he was just parroting Trump's talk of the stock market being a big bubble ready to pop. Also, fake unemployment numbers.

4. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Speaking of selling off stock

5. Inky_Wretch

6. YankeeFan

Fuck you California! Seriously, fuck you!

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

And why should that be believed? And why should you? I don’t really mean you, personally. Because frankly this is a message board and your opinion is of no value. But the larger point, that others have pondered, why should the facts you quote or cite be considered of value if you (again the plural ‘you’, not the irrelevant personal ‘you’) fail to consistently acknowledge the facts quoted or cited by others who have diagreed with you in the past?

8. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

It's totally true, though. We bought a new treadmill the other day, and I noticed some tag or disclaimer somewhere on the thing or in the owner's manual explaining that such-and-such materials have been "found by the State of California to cause cancer." I just have to hope Mrs. Whitman never runs across it.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. YankeeFan

Trump gives no fucks.

10. Inky_Wretch

Prop 65 labeling requirements are pretty ridiculous in California.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

TL;DR version - Link?

12. YankeeFan

Rock star.

And, from the way Tillerson is looking at him, I’d say he’s in love. (Not in a gay way.)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.