1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Sure.

I didn't know it was because of the memo and IG's investigation.

2. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

What a bit of political theater. GOP lackey writes conspiracy theory memo that gets hyped up on Twitter, 90 percent fueled by Russian bots. Republicans thrash about for a few days, saying it should be released. Which they could have done at any time they wanted. But they hold a "dramatic" vote, which was pure theater. And for an extra splash, they refuse to release additional information compiled by the democrats.

Meanwhile, Trump refuses to implement sanctions on Russia that passed with overwhelming bipartisan support. Gee, I wonder why he doesn't want to do that?

Republicans don't want to find out how to stop Russia from interfering with our elections. And they're now in open war with law enforcement institutions they cherished. Think about that.

Release the memo. Release it all.

It's going to be enjoyable to watch a whole bunch of GOPers go down with this corrupt ship.

3. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I can't wait till it's Mueller Time.

4. Neutral Corner

5. Neutral Corner

6. Deskgrunt50

That's really the rub. All this crap is being thrown out there to discredit the investigation. It won't work and it's just going to muddy those throwing the mud.

Mueller's a clean Marine.

7. Neutral Corner

8. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

It is already plenty discredited among the Trumpists. Mueller could have iron-clad evidence of wrongdoing and the @YankeeFans of the world will dismiss it as fake news or a Democratic conspiracy. They're sheep.

9. Deskgrunt50

Without a doubt. They're free to be willfully ignorant.

If shit really goes down, there's going to be 30 percent of the country who isn't aware of why or thinks it's all fake. Which, of course, it's not.

That would be quite messy.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

You know what? The hell with those 30 percent. They're as unfit to be citizens as Trump is to be President.

11. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Except that everything I've seen from Congressional Republicans leads me to believe that they'll say the same thing. I think if Mueller's allowed to finish his investigation, he'll find clear evidence of wrongdoing (likely obstruction and money laundering) and Congress won't do anything about it. Only hope, I think, is that his investigation goes past the 2018 midterms and the Democrats have control of one or both Houses. Even then, it will be a Democratic conspiracy.

I really don't see a good outcome here.

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I guess folks aren't even predicting that he'll find evidence that the Trump campaign colluded with the Russians -- or, you know, the reason the investigation was launched, and the special prosecutor named -- any more.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.