1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

That makes you my second account, once removed. .... I think.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Yes, Nunes memo is a summary. But, to clarify, rebuttal memo was kept from Rs. That's why it was voted down.

3. Justin_Rice

Yes. Please.

Present evidence.

Pretty please.

4. melock

melock Well-Known Member

No no no. I just read your mind. We are the same person. Remember?

5. Justin_Rice

So does that make us you, or me?

We're truly through the looking glass here. Hold on - let me give the top a spin and see if it falls ....

6. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Very good post by Benjamin Wittes, over at Lawfare.

Big Lies, Law Enforcement, and the Defense of Rod Rosenstein

"I have not held back from criticizing Deputy Attorney General Rod Rosenstein over the past few months. I called on him to resign for his role in enabling President Trump’s firing of James Comey as FBI director. I argued that he should resign in response to Trump’s attacks on the integrity of the Justice Department—and I questioned his honor when he didn’t respond loudly and clearly to the president’s attacks on federal law enforcement. More recently, I criticized his decision to throw two FBI employees to the wolves by allowing the public release of their text messages during a pending investigation by the Justice Department’s inspector general. Jack Goldsmith has asked questions of his own, such as why Rosenstein has not recused himself from the Mueller investigation when his own involvement in Comey’s firing would seem to require it. Rosenstein’s behavior, to put it simply, has not inspired my admiration.

And yet: The defense of Rosenstein represents an imperative for everyone who is concerned about the Trump administration’s predations against the independence of law enforcement.

There will come a time to litigate the question of Rosenstein’s handling of the many bizarre questions he confronted in his role as deputy attorney general. Today is not that day. Today is a day to understand that apolitical law enforcement is stronger with him than without him, and that it would suffer a genuine blow if the president and the House Intelligence Committee chairman can lie the deputy attorney general out of government."

7. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

I’ll do a nice compilation later, but there is one poster — you — who thinks they make a really awesome point in referencing the “real” unemployment rate every time it comes up in the Trump administration, as opposed to the “fake” unemployment rate under Obama.

But, there is one other poster, who has, on a few occasions, made very similar points, using the exact same phrasing, and tone in their remarks.

It’s not much, and it’s subtle, but it’s obvious to the trained eye.

Same as when the Good Doctor repeated the line that Chicagoans only feed deep dish pizza to tourists when he was signed in under another handle, or how Walter Lipman, under various handles, would reference Sudan as a model nation with no government regulations.

8. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

9. Fly

Fly Well-Known Member

10. melock

melock Well-Known Member

11. Justin_Rice

Everyone who agrees GOP talk radio is full of shit, and everyone who recognizes a massively huge hole in the rhetoric of Rush and Hannity (parroted by Candidate Trump) is obviously my sock puppet.

Donny in his element likes this.
  12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.