1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Justin_Rice

Justin_Rice Well-Known Member

I’m a little tired tonight. We don’t have a long dog walk scheduled, so we?

2. Jake_Taylor

Jake_Taylor Well-Known Member

Back in 2005, I worked in Virginia, but lived in North Carolina. Then I lived and workes in Va and our coverage areas overlapped at two different papers. Then I moved to Maryland for a couple years, but now I'm back in Virginia.

Or am I?

3. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Two things about any Trump speech:

A) Watch how hard it is for him to actually read, out loud, in public. He struggles. One reason why he ad-libs a lot.

2) Hope that he ad-libs a lot. He loves to think of himself as someone who can wing it at any time, on any subject, but this is when he steps in the bucket.

All the best words. So beautiful.

SnarkShark and Neutral Corner like this.
  4. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

You are correct that Democrats wouldn't have cared if their candidate had won.
    At the same time, I don't think republicans' obstruction is wise. From a purely practical standpoint, they should realize that the Russians can't be trusted to remain loyal to the GOP. Who's to say that they can't flip to supporting the other side on a whim? Everybody should be interested in stopping this potential trend.
    And if there really is nothing there, as Trump claims, what is he afraid of? If there is nothing there and the process plays out fairly, he gets to savor victory and benefit from the humiliation of his foes.

5. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

At what point in this affair has Trump acted like an innocent man?

6. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Interesting. We knew the FBI sat on the laptop for weeks after first discovering the emails.

Now we know why.

7. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

I received the notification on this story (the firing of the employee) via the iPhone News app at least 10 times while driving home. Not exaggerating. Anybody else have that issue?

8. franticscribe

franticscribe Well-Known Member

FWIW, I also lived and worked in Virginia back in 2005.

9. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Speaking of which, O.J. has been out since the summer. Why has there been no update on his search?

HanSenSE likes this.
  10. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

From the Coppins Atlantic piece posted earlier, this quote from Trump buddy Chris Ruddy really stood out:

“You have to remember that for the past eight years, Obama was fairly lazy. He was not on the phone with members of Congress of his own party, let alone world leaders … I am hearing that they are very appreciative of that.” The State Department’s official tally of presidential travel lists 120 trips abroad for Obama, including 25 in his first year, and 10 so far for Trump.

Just like that guy in the Johnstown diner who thought Trump was so hard-working and didn't golf like his predecessor.

11. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Hi Sandy!

12. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Don't forget the sniffles during the debates.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.