1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

There is often talk around here about employment/unemployment numbers. The black unemployment figure apparently spiked in just one month. The jump is so high -- nearly a whole percentage point -- as to warrant scrutiny. Is it possible that the number was never really as low as the government reported in December and not as high now? What could explain it?

2. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

"Remember, keep calm and tackle hard."

3. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

NFL season is over. No more paychecks until September. :)

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

5. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

I may not be in great odor among certain circles, but trust me ... this kinda shit happens all the time. The kinds of things we’re curious about don’t typically lend themselves to theorem-lemma-proof confirmation.

6. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

The subsets of the employment report are survey-based, meaning they're subject to the same fluctuations as public opinion polls. They get at reality, but they're not reality.

7. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So these aren't the real numbers? [/bluefont]

8. Vombatus

Vombatus Well-Known Member

But certain FBI members were hell bent on botching the HRC case. And often ignored: there were probably 20+ underlings that deliberately mishandled classified info that could have been prosecuted first. Instead, they got immunity as the FBI pulled punches at the top dog.

The law should have been followed, the boom should have been dropped, and another candidate stepped in. Biden would have been my choice.

The biggest influence on the election beyond the flaws of HRC? Simple: the FBI. Strozk proves it.

I don't need this FISA memo to see where the royal fuck ups were.

9. amraeder

amraeder Well-Known Member

It's a subgroup in a survey - a recipe for a number with lots of noise.

EDIT: I see others beat me to it.

10. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is complete paranoid bullshit. Go ahead. Take the evidence and try and get an indictment in the District of Northern Virginia for H.R. Clinton. Yeah, James Comey really pulled his punches. Moronic.

11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

They're real when you believe them.

12. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Slacker likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.