1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Isn't that what you're doing between ICE and the FBI -- picking and choosing your governmental bogeymen?

2. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Baseballcrank should stick to baseball, am I right, folks? I mean he's sitting there tweeting--bing,bing,bing,bing, and I'm like this guy again?National Review is a failing publication that has lost it’s way. It’s circulation is way down with its influence being at an all time low. Sad!

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

No. It just plays dumb and rakes in the contributions from the NRA when another school shooting occurs.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

LOL.

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

That's just dumb. We're not sneering at their budgets. We're sneering at Paul Ryan touting $1.50 a week as some kind of symbol of Republican munificence.

6. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I remain completely fascinated by how much traction these sorts of false equivalences gain with the dumbshit crowd.

All you have to do is commit horrible acts while simultaneously falsely accusing others of the same and you can squiggle away with people convincing themselves it’s a matter of equivalent sides.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

It was an odd thing to point to ...

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Oh, there's been plenty of sneering.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Well, politicians don't understand Twitter.

10. doctorquant

I mean, is it actually news that increases in take-home pay for people of low and modest incomes are going to be small (in an absolute sense)?

11. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

12. doctorquant

As re: taxes ... DaughterQuant's time doing some administrative scut work this past summer led to a 1099 arriving in the mail on Friday. At that firm, they treat pretty much everybody as a contractor -- they shouldn't, but they do -- so DaughterQuant had no withholding of any sort. She won't owe any income tax, but she'll get popped 15.3% for self-employment tax, which means she's going to have to fork over a check to the feds! Wait'll I tell her it'll be going, for the most part, right into some retiree's SS draw. #conservativeinthemaking

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.