1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I was working family medicine, and every scared granny for miles around was calling, wanting an anthrax shot. I quickly got my response down pat - "The only people getting anthrax shots are the military going to the Middle East. If there's a case of anthrax around here, it will be because someone runs cattle... but its not going to happen."

franticscribe likes this.
  2. Neutral Corner

3. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

4. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

Ah, the urgency to #releasethememo is all making sense, now.

It was for self-preservation.

5. Neutral Corner

This is malpractice of the highest order, playing with people's lives, quite literally, while making decisions that I can only believe were based on cost. These fuckers need to be hung by the balls.

State launches Aetna probe after stunning admission - CNN

"(CNN)California's insurance commissioner has launched an investigation into Aetna after learning a former medical director for the insurer admitted under oath he never looked at patients' records when deciding whether to approve or deny care.

California Insurance Commissioner Dave Jones expressed outrage after CNN showed him a transcript of the testimony and said his office is looking into how widespread the practice is within Aetna.

"If the health insurer is making decisions to deny coverage without a physician actually ever reviewing medical records, that's of significant concern to me as insurance commissioner in California -- and potentially a violation of law," he said.

Aetna, the nation's third-largest insurance provider with 23.1 million customers, told CNN it looked forward to "explaining our clinical review process" to the commissioner.

6. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That whole thing about him rushing out of a car to review a memo at the White House still makes no sense to me months later.

7. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

That's pretty awful.

On a lighter note, just when the anthrax scare was starting, a friend of mine worked in advertising and as part of a promotion which I can't remember, sent rock candy to a bunch of people. Of course, the rock candy broke and everyone got this white powder in an envelope and freaked the heck out. Good times.

8. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Always wondered about the dozens of people who did that to friends as a "joke" in 2001 and ended up with federal charges.

9. CD Boogie

CD Boogie Well-Known Member

I remember the good old days, when friends sending you bags of white powder was the simply the signal to pah-tay!

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

I’m pretty sure every newspaper in the country got at least one of those white-powder letters during those two months.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  11. lakefront

lakefront Well-Known Member

12. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

That was posted a couple days ago.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.