1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Deskgrunt50

Deskgrunt50 Well-Known Member

So you no longer care about the exploding deficit? In a strong economy?

Golly. Wonder how you felt two years ago.

2. Deskgrunt50

Dems are gonna win big.

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Your struggle with the quote function aside, your argument is silly. If you didn’t care about the deficit then but you do now, you can’t call hypocrisy. In any case, the tax cut is a blip on the deficit. Neither party is willing to make the tough decisions that would make a difference with that and the debt.

In the meantime, I’m not going to be a miserable old goat about people being helped financially, even if it’s just temporary.

4. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  5. Deskgrunt50

Who are getting raises? One-time bonuses are happening. Nice but not in the ballpark of real
    wage growth.

I’m not mad. I’m doing well. But to defend this tax cut as beneficial to long-term help to the middle and lower class is fucking stupid.

And you didn’t mention the precious deficit that republicans used to care about.

This tax bill and budget explodes the deficit.

And it will be, yet again, democrats to come
    in and fix it.

6. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

I'm not gonna begrudge anyone for a bonus, but most people don't realize it's a red herring. Corporate America looks kind in the moment, but it's laughing behind the smokescreen. A one-time bonus instead of annual raises will cost the working class much more in the long run. So, yeah, great this year, but then the honeymoon is over.

Deskgrunt50 likes this.
  7. Deskgrunt50

Fixed the quote problem. Can’t fix you being a total polical fraud.

8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

LOL.

YankeeFan likes this.
  9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Some happy news: Sanders is feeling the strain ...

Sanders pushes for Kelly to face the press over Porter scandal

Sanders’ frustration in recent days has been evident as she has been tasked with trying to make sense of sometimes conflicting story lines that have emerged from the White House surrounding the decision to allow Porter, whose second wife obtained a protective order against him during their divorce, to continue working in the White House with only an interim security clearance.

At Tuesday’s briefing, Sanders repeatedly made a point of highlighting the fact that she was not fully briefed on every element of the White House’s handling of the crisis, saying, “I can only give you the best information I have.”

After huddling behind closed doors with her colleagues for much of Wednesday morning, Sanders delayed the regular press briefing twice and then canceled it altogether late Wednesday afternoon, citing a school shooting in Florida as the reason. She kept the door to her office closed to reporters.

10. Deskgrunt50

So many people don’t get this.

And no republican supporter has been able
    to justify their sudden support for exploding the deficit.

They know resposible democrats will fix it. Then they’ll jump up and down in fake rage. Fucking frauds.

11. Deskgrunt50

= you’ve got nothing. Fraud.

12. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

You’re an idiot.

Donny in his element likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.