1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I know that questioning the moderating is a huge no-no, but I’m not sure why the school shooting thread merited a lock.

2. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

4. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

Sometimes, you just have to trust us. Or don't, doesn't much matter either way.

We tried to give it some time because it is a pretty big topic. But, as usual, it devolved quickly. Because a politics thread. We have one of those.

Thanks for playing. Carry on.

5. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

What a dimwit:

House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-Wis.) was quick to caution against “knee-jerk” policy decisions less than 24 hours after a mass shooting at Marjory Stoneman Douglas High School left 17 people dead.

Ryan suggested waiting on “the facts” when asked Thursday morning whether the shooting should prompt a debate on gun control.

“It’s just a horrific, horrific, horrible, horrible shooting. I mean, I think we need to pray,” he said during an interview with Indiana radio station WIBC. “Our hearts go out to these victims. I think as public policy makers, we don’t just knee-jerk before we even have all of the facts and the data.”

Here are the facts, dimwit: Another group of people got shot full of holes by a fucktard with a military-grade weapon.

Whut? Oh, OK. Let us pray ...

The Big Problem With Paul Ryan's Call For 'Facts And Data' After Florida Shooting | HuffPost

6. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

7. Dick Whitman

Fair enough.

Let’s peg the conversation to Vegas. Surely the Speaker agrees enough time has passed.

8. Dick Whitman

Why do the Florida cops have to act like deranged idiots just because Baltimore cops did?

9. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

This is what America wants. Well, white America, which is the only America that counts.
    Sorry, Dick. Juries acquitted the Baltimore officers in every trial. America wants a police state, as long as it's only the Other that's being policed.

10. Moderator1

Moderator1 Moderator Staff Member

I saw the first line and thought for a second you were talking to me. I was like, whoa, now THAT is a little harsh (though maybe true).

I need a few drinks.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  11. Songbird

Songbird Well-Known Member

He doesn't want cops to act like deranged idiots?

12. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

I wonder what the reaction would be if the 800,000 Dreamers went out tomorrow and bought themselves AR-15s?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.