1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Today's indictments are among the most savvy efforts I've ever seen coming from Washington. Rothstein and Mueller have laid the perfect trap for Trump and the rest of the GOP...you can't stop the investigation now, or you'll look like you care only about protecting Russians.

Neutral Corner likes this.
  2. cowboy2001

cowboy2001 Member

Yep, the one thing my local movie theater is missing is a few armed guards.

3. BadgerBeer

BadgerBeer Well-Known Member

I happen to think our children's lives and future are worth plenty. Unfortunately your side of the aisle keeps cutting funding for education. I don't understand why you are getting on the left in this instance.

4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

You wish. Lots of indictments yet to come.

5. Neutral Corner

It's going to take enough pissed off voters banding together and saying "If you accept campaign donations from the NRA, we will vote against you. Party be damned, other issues I agree on be damned. NRA funding means none of our votes to you, all to your opposition, assuming he does not take their money. If both do, no votes from us" and then walk the walk. That's the only way that this debate will ever be changed.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

We're not. We just want to know who's going to pay for it. Kindly answer.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I think the one thing that unites us is that everyone loves to blame any election a Democrat loses on whatever their favorite ax to grind is.

8. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I guess I don't understand the weird incrementalism of increasing security basically everywhere - without also decreasing the number of guns and limiting access to them.

It's a public health crisis.

The most meaningful intervention is preventive.

Intervention with gun laws.

Intervention in mental health outcomes.

9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Ingraham and LBJ have one thing in common. Neither can guard Kevin Durant.

Last edited: Feb 16, 2018
  10. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

"Must they run their mouths like that?"

11. Neutral Corner

Which is sort of my point. The President has an affair with a Playboy Playmate, the second such affair to come out in a period of weeks... and it is so not news that it's way down below the fold somewhere. I don't disagree with you in terms of priorities, but Trump has made things so abnormal that what would have been a screaming seven alarm fire at any other time is a blip on the radar.

This isn't how things are supposed to be.

TowelWaver and HanSenSE like this.
  12. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Things like mental health programs and research, which your president wants to gut.
    Things like education, which your president wants to gut.

melock likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.