1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

I haven't heard this at all. Makes about as much sense as someone asking what conservatives are waiting for. Russia has already effectively invaded our country and installed a President of their choosing. This is Red Dawn and the Wolverines are nowhere to be found.

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

All the rolly eyes.

3. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Doesn't matter what they do or don't find. There will be no chance of impeachment until and unless control of the House changes. And even then, there will be no removal from office. There is literally nothing Trump can do that will compel republican Senators to vote for his removal.

4. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

By the same token, no matter what Mueller finds, you’ll have the same knee-jerkers claiming Hillary lost because Russians. No one is interested in responsibility.

BurnsWhenIPee likes this.
  5. Pete

Pete Well-Known Member

Really, it's my mistake for not labeling the two, non-mutually exclusive strategies as 1) and 2) instead of the YF-approved 1) and B). (Or is it A) and 2)?) It's understandable he missed it.

(Note: I added the "selling something" kicker because I just thought it up while on my run, and I'm more excited than I should be that I have an excuse to give it an audience.)

6. DanOregon

DanOregon Well-Known Member

We do all agree that there might be more than one group of Russians at work here right? Different cells of Russians had different tasks aimed at undermining the next President regardless of who won.

7. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Have the talking points even bothered to come up with a good reason why the president who is totally not in the tank for Russia has refused to implement the sanctions that were almost unanimously passed by Congress?

8. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Across the internet, one of the almost universal traits of idiots is that they can't understand that responsibility is not indivisible. Assigning blame to one party does not mean every other party is innocent.

9. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

TINMHITTMAL
    /what complexity might look like

Donny in his element likes this.
  10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Pro tip for your kids ... and you:

garrow and QYFW like this.
  11. Webster

Webster Well-Known Member

If you are even a casual observer of Trump, you know that if the Russians helped him, he cares not a whit about what it means to American democracy or if it will happen again. He just cares that he won.

HanSenSE and Pete like this.
  12. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

One of the posted stories reminded us of this: Trump has absolutely no values, which is why he can't empathize with anyone. He doesn't care about anything but A) his vainglorious TV ratings, and 2) having people talk about him. Fuck that noise, yo?

Last edited: Feb 17, 2018
    HanSenSE likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.