1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

To follow people.

It's a customized news feed.

2. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

It’s a very efficient system in that regard.

And recoil varies based on caliber. A .223 kicks less than most deer-hunting caliber rifles. That’s the most common AR caliber.

3. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

The NRA spokesperson who is now on the stage saying that the Parkland shooter should have never gotten a gun because he's "crazy."

Donny in his element likes this.
  4. swingline

swingline Well-Known Member

Semi-automatics are made to chamber the next round when one is fired. The recoil has nothing to do with it, although that might not be true with bump stocks; I'm not conversant on those.

5. JC

JC Well-Known Member

You don’t say.

6. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

One for every occasion.

7. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

A .22 has enough kick to do that. It's a matter of matching the recoil spring to the cartridge.

8. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

She didn't do a lot to promote their cause tonight.

9. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Congresswoman Says Many Mass Murderers ‘End Up Being Democrats’

Representative Claudia Tenney, a first-term Republican from Central New York, said in a radio interview on Wednesday that “so many” mass murderers “end up being Democrats.”

Democrats immediately condemned her remarks, which came a week after 17 people were killed at a high school in Parkland, Fla., and called on her to apologize for politicizing gun tragedies.

One of Ms. Tenney’s colleagues in the House, Representative Gerry Connolly, a Democrat of Virginia, wrote on Twitter that she “owes America a sincere and abject apology.” And her expected Democratic challenger this year, State Assemblyman Anthony Brindisi, said in his own Twitter post that her “toxic rhetoric” was “a new low” and that “inserting politics into a national tragedy is beyond the pale & disgusting.”

It is not clear that any group keeps a list of the political affiliation of mass killers. The Southern Poverty Law Center released a report this month that counted 100 people killed or injured by “alleged perpetrators influenced by the so-called ‘alt-right’” between 2014 and 2018. ...

In a statement on Wednesday night, Ms. Tenney elaborated but didn’t provide information about her claim: “I am fed up with the media and liberals attempting to politicize tragedies and demonize law-abiding gun owners and conservative Americans every time there is a horrible tragedy. While we know the perpetrators of these atrocities have a wide variety of political views, my comments are in response to a question about the failure to prosecute illegal gun crime. I will continue to stand up for law-abiding citizens who are smeared by anti-gun liberal elitists.”

[​IMG]

Last edited: Feb 21, 2018
  10. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Watching the CNN Town Hall.

I’ve see the inside of lockdown mental health care units. Kids. And adults.

Anyone who thinks our mental health care system has the ability on any level to do what some are calling for have no idea what they are talking about. How many beds are open? Look into that.

I’ve seen violent kids in lockdown with staff with them at all times to prevent them from attacking others. These units are designed short- term. A week or less.

I support responsible gun ownership. But these bump stocks and assault weapons, and others, no. Why, who needs them?

But yeah, the big problem is our mental health care system, NRA.

11. melock

melock Well-Known Member

The replies though.

12. Machine Head

Machine Head Well-Known Member

Just saw a replay where Rubio said “let me be honest with you” to a parent.

Ok, so then he lies usually when he speaks?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.