1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

As far as I know the NRA is doing nothing in service of either.

And yes, MSNBC did a town hall in Chicago.

Chicago in the Crosshairs: An All In Town Hall

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Of course you do. You've acknowledged it repeatedly. You care deeply about people's motives. You think it is highly relevant.

3. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

We knew he was a dangerous kid. A portion of the blame still absolutely lands on the NRA and Republican politicians.

4. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

5. outofplace

You care deeply about trolling this board, yet you won't admit that.

6. Dick Whitman

I don't understand what the disagreement is here. You think motives are very relevant. We have argued about this endlessly, usually in an amicable way. Therefore, I noted earlier that you think motives are very relevant. It seemed pretty uncontroversial to state that.

What is the disagreement?

7. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

Am I missing something? Which survivor said that the questions were scripted?

8. outofplace

Go on, YankeeFan. Tell us you think it is right. You know you want to.

9. outofplace

The point is you're looking for a way to take a dig at me because I've been pointing out your trolling again and that pissses you off.

To be fair, I'm a bit spacey at the moment. Had arthroscopic surgery on my knee today, so the pain meds could be muddling my thinking.

10. Smallpotatoes

Smallpotatoes Well-Known Member

In this case, they're probably right.

11. Dick Whitman

What is the "dig"? You believe motive is highly relevant. You have vigorously defended, again and again, your belief that motive is highly relevant. I don't understand how pointing out a core belief of yours here is a "dig," and I certainly don't understand how you can answer, when I note that you believe motive is highly relevant, that I was "floating bullshit."

12. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

The one CNN referenced in their statement.

He said he pulled out because they tried to script his question, instead of letting him say what he wanted to.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.