1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

That is because of other government regulations. We need to roll those back too

2. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

You remain the 0-16 Lions of drawing equivalences

Baron Scicluna and Inky_Wretch like this.
  3. FileNotFound

FileNotFound Well-Known Member

Trust me: I'd LOVE for healthcare to be strictly a relationship between a doctor and a patient, without insurance companies, my employer, pharmaceutical companies, attorneys, or a government in the middle. I truly would. How do we make that happen without putting patient safety at risk?

4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Arguably overreaching using an existing law under the guise of national security vs. shitting on the Constitution and punishing every perceived slight regardless of its basis in fact?

Being subpoenaed to testify and fighting it in court vs. being banned and fired for hurting someone's feelings, again regardless of any basis in fact?

5. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Actions vs. bluster.

6. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

Have you published the guide of what Republicans actually mean when they say things yet? That would come in very handy right about now.

7. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

You might want to think that through some more. My older daughter is on my family plan, and her being on it increases my premiums not a penny. As there's no additional revenue to use to offset her expenses (which can't be less than zero), there's no way that can lead to a net positive for my plan.

Now, if she were my only child, it might be the case that my premiums increased (as I might go from, say, a husband-and-wife plan to a family plan). Adding children (or increasing to family) coverage runs about $3,000 a year on my plan.

8. doctorquant

doctorquant Well-Known Member

The overall individual market was a mess, because people in it were swimming against a tide of tax-subsidized plans that were being offered by employers. If you were young and healthy, you could do OK. If you wanted insurance for only a short time (like maybe you were in the midst of a job change) you could do OK. But just buying a plan and then paying for it on an ongoing basis? For many, many people that didn't work well at all.

Don't get me wrong, I don't think the ACA was such a great thing, mainly because it didn't address (to my thinking) the fundamental problems of the market. Indeed, it doubled down on them. But the desire to enact it didn't materialize out of thin air.

Hermes, Ace and YankeeFan like this.
  9. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Trump has insulted our intel services, and I don't doubt that there are some among them who'd like to twist his tail. However, if an intelligence service releases the Trump hotel room tapes, it is unlikely to be ours.

Watching POTUS squirm like a salted slug would be much more entertaining to foreign enemies. I'd like to think that our guys have more loyalty to the country than that, even if Trump is a weasel.

10. Liut

Liut Well-Known Member

The hottie sitting behind Gen. Mattes is a major distraction.

11. Michael_ Gee

Michael_ Gee Well-Known Member

No, they wouldn't do it. But they might know somebody else was gonna do it and just let it happen.

12. Killick

Killick Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.