1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

The lege threw them a bone to try to take a little heat off, sure. That said, two weeks ago, how would you have figured the odds that the Florida lege would pass *any* new law limiting gun purchases?

2. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

3. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Maybe the Parkland kids should shift the direction of their ire.

YankeeFan likes this.
  4. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

I'm betting that he had already told his lawyers the truth, and when he lied under oath to Mueller, they withdrew because of the legal ethics implications.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  5. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Good Guy With A Gun fetishists remain unmoved.

6. Azrael

Azrael Well-Known Member

I was told we were only allowed to blame the shooter.

7. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

I think you were the one who posted the, "Here's what really happens in a gunfight" story earlier.

People have a false idea about what happens during these situations. I'm sure it's utter chaos. You're going through the motions of your day, and all of a sudden all hell breaks loose. The instinct isn't to go take the guy on. It's to get the fuck out of there. It's not solely for self-preservation, either. Even a "good guy with a gun" needs to figure out what the fuck is going on before he can just start firing on someone.

Inky_Wretch likes this.
  8. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Cops who stand outside while kids are killed are not good guys; they’re cowards. There’s no reason the Broward sheriff should keep his job.

9. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

You don’t have to hold anyone who was there accountable if it gets in the way of your bogeyman.

10. tapintoamerica

tapintoamerica Well-Known Member

Thoughts and prayers for the career of a conservative hero from the one and only party of American family values.

Baron Scicluna and garrow like this.
  11. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Link?

I haven’t heard that floated at all here. Maybe in a few incidents, but the gang problem is large here, and predates the razing of Cabrini Green.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Isn't that in Baltimore or Chicago?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.