1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

What percentage of people who are trained for these situations still freeze the first time faced with one, and how did you come up with that number?

Stoney and Smallpotatoes like this.
  2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

CNN’s Chicagoland docudrama was set up along these lines.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Maybe I can be a character!

4. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

would it have been legal to take the Parkland shooter’s weapons away from him a week before the murders?

5. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Things/people booed at this year's CPAC:

--John McCain
    --Mexican immigrants
    --George Soros
    --The EU
    --Sadiq Khan
    --Opposition to eminent domain

A Selection of Things Booed at CPAC

6. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

7. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

If guns in the school is the solution, why did an armed guard (supposedly 30 yr police vet) not solve the problem? You're going to arm a 65yr old biology teacher and think they are going to do something a 30 yr PO didn't? Or are you just trying to sell more guns?

TowelWaver and HanSenSE like this.
  8. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

They just don't follow the correct procedure.

[​IMG]

9. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Wait, the people who hate government overreach and likely cheer Cliven Bundy booed opposition to the seizure of private land by the government!?!

Slacker and garrow like this.
  10. Slacker

Slacker Well-Known Member

Tipster’s Warning to F.B.I. on Florida Shooting Suspect: ‘I Know He’s Going to Explode’

A woman who knew the teenager accused of shooting 17 people to death at a Florida high school last week told the F.B.I. last month that Nikolas Cruz possessed an arsenal of weapons and ammunition, and she worried he might be “getting into a school and just shooting the place up.”

“I know he’s going to explode,” the woman said in a call to the F.B.I.’s tip hotline on Jan. 5, according to a transcript of the call obtained by The New York Times. (Read the transcript.) ...

Over the course of the call, which lasted more than 13 minutes, the tipster warned the F.B.I. that Mr. Cruz had been adrift since his mother’s death in November. The tipster provided four Instagram accounts for Mr. Cruz, which she said showed photos of sliced up animals and the firearms he had amassed. The caller, whose name was redacted on the transcript, said Mr. Cruz had used money from a life insurance policy after his mother’s death to purchase the weapons.

“If you go onto his Instagram pages, you’ll see all the guns,” the woman said.

Before calling the F.B.I., the woman telephoned law enforcement officials in Parkland, worried that Mr. Cruz might kill himself. But she didn’t hear back from them and became increasingly alarmed after she said Mr. Cruz posted online that “he wants to kill people.”

11. qtlaw

qtlaw Well-Known Member

I am loath to ever blame law enforcement for society's ills because they are the garbage collectors and rarely there to prevent action, but damn, this is looking bad for the FBI. These are the specifics I'm talking about, society members taking notice of problems and helping to solve them. The caller did everything she possibly could. Damn.

12. garrow

garrow Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.