1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

I find children full of bullet holes disgusting.

2. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

Because people use guns to slaughter people. That's why. That's what's "disgusting." It's not independent of that.

3. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Right. And, as a result, you find anyone who would want to own an AR-15 to be disgusting.

You're a perfect example of who I'm talking about.

4. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Quinnipiac reported 97 percent of firearms owners are in favor of universal background checks. The NRA opposes that.

And 53 percent of firearms owners were in favor of another AWB. The NRA strongly opposes that as well.

The problem with any attempt at finding middle ground is the power wielded by the NRA - which is now a lobbying org for gun manufacturers and doesn't represent the views of most gun owners.

SnarkShark likes this.
  5. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

That's awfully pro-life of them.

6. RickStain

Good. I'm not ashamed of it. They're wrong, they're wrong for bad reasons, and they're making the world a worse place because of it.

7. YankeeFan

People -- including people who enjoyed alcohol -- wanted prohibition, because of the drunkenness of the damn, dirty, immigrant class, who loved their beer, and got drunk in public.

It wasn't so much that they didn't like alcohol themselves. It was that they didn't like the people who indulged in it.

It's the same thing with guns.

Folks who go to work every day in buildings with armed security, are against guns. LOL.

You think there isn't armed security at every Hollywood studio? It's a class issue.

8. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Delta is the biggest employer in the state. This jackass is just posturing, no way this passes... and if it does, Delta should do exactly that. B'ham would love to have them.

9. Dick Whitman

Dick Whitman Well-Known Member

You are typically level-headed, but you are officially way off the deep end on this.

10. YankeeFan

You know, @Dick Whitman, while a part of me wants AR-15s to be legal, just to piss you off, another part of me wants Dems to be able to pass the gun legislation they favor, just to see the look on guys like @Inky_Wretch's face, when he realizes they''re coming for his guns too, and weren't actually interested in working with him to reduce gun violence.

11. RickStain

I'll even compromise. I'm willing to forgo the banning of all private firearms in favor of something like Israel or Australia uses.

You must have a license to own a gun. That license can only be obtained if you can demonstrate training, proficiency, and a need. The type of firearm and amount of ammo you can own is determined by the need you demonstrate. Any history of violence disqualifies you from getting a license.

Smallpotatoes likes this.
  12. Baron Scicluna

Baron Scicluna Well-Known Member

I remember this coming up a few years ago. I don't recall who was attacked or what party they were, but they were attacked for owning a home in Washington, only having an apartment in the home district and their kids were going to,school in Washington instead of at home. The incumbent pointed out that he spent the whole week in Washington and went to the home district on weekends to do more work, and wouldn't be able to see his kids at all if they went to school at the home district.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.