1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. outofplace

outofplace Well-Known Member

You're lumping together some airports that are very different in terms of the size of the building. Pittsburgh International, for example, is also very large. It's not Atlanta, but it's much bigger than you would expect for a city that size because it was built for the purpose of being a major hub. That disappeared along with USAir.

Delta could absolutely move if it gets a good enough deal elsewhere. Again, you're blinding yourself to things you don't want to see. You are rooting for Republicans to get away with punishing Delta for daring to stop kissing the NRA's collective ass.

2. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

Did a desire to reduce the “school-to-prison pipeline” prevent police from using available tools that could have stopped the Parkland shooting?

3. RickStain

RickStain Well-Known Member

Even in that article, they admit that's an extremely thin connection. We *should* be reducing on-campus arrests in schools and the school-to-prison pipeline, and Cruz had a long list of off-campus incidents where arrest would have been more appropriate. And how kind of NR to take a nice, healthy sideswipe at special education programs. Yes, conservatives, we know you're coming for the disabled community, one way or another.

The timeline they lay out doesn't make me think "man, he definitely should have been arrested at school." The part that stands out to me is that he was somehow transferred from the Cross Creek facility for "kids with emotional and behavioral disabilities" and into the regular high school. Why was that transition made?

4. 3_Octave_Fart

3_Octave_Fart Well-Known Member

Wife of Fart asked me tonight if there was anything I liked about Jared.
    Apparently I have been "ranting" about the little fucknut for two weeks. Who knew.
    So I thought about it. He dresses well. He stands erect. He married well (something a poor kid like me knows more about than Jared).

The truth is Jared and Ivanka have to consider that in due time, they will be at least one of the following:
    --> one or both behind bars, away from their kids, with no autonomy nor privacy nor exotic ski trips nor plastic surgeries.
    --> functionally bankrupt, though that was going to happen anyway (owing to massive negative net worth resulting from the foolish purchase of the Fifth Ave. property).

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

Your ability to assert expertise about anything and everything baffles me. I have a Masters degree in Urban Planning, including my suffering through entire course loads on transportation, and I wouldn't dream to lecture on how airlines choose, build, and maintain hubs. You know why? Because I have no fucking idea.

I genuinely don't understand your ego. It makes no sense to me.

6. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

Neutral Corner likes this.
  7. SpeedTchr

SpeedTchr Well-Known Member

To be fair, before he went all Juan Valdez on us, YF did work for a MAJOR airline, I believe.

8. service_gamer

service_gamer Well-Known Member

BadgerBeer likes this.
  9. HanSenSE

HanSenSE Well-Known Member

So who didn't see this coming:

10. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

Nobody outside of the NRA HQ really knows. They claim a lot of members - like me - because we got a complimentary membership with the purchase of a firearm. I also get a free membership as a perk at my shooting range. I’d guess I’m being double counted - even though I’ve never paid a dime (directly) to the org.

11. Inky_Wretch

Inky_Wretch Well-Known Member

12. Neutral Corner

Neutral Corner Well-Known Member

Inky_Wretch likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.