1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Steak Snabler

Steak Snabler Well-Known Member

To quote Alec Baldwin in "The Departed" ... "The world needs plenty of bah-tendahs!"

2. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Heyabbot dating profile
    Dislikes: African-Americans, proper grammar

SpeedTchr and YankeeFan like this.
  3. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

Correction: Loves abortion. At all stages. Post birth abortions. Random post birth abortions. Especially 5-10 years post birth. My favorite abortion instrument is a .223 caliber semi-automatic rifle.

disliking African- Americans and proper grammar is consistent, don’t you agree?

4. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

Link?

5. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

So you know all about airport planning?

I worked at magazines for 15 years. I don't know shit about publishing.

6. TigerVols

TigerVols Well-Known Member

7. BitterYoungMatador2

BitterYoungMatador2 Well-Known Member

He’s worked for an airline, he’s worked for the Mayor of New York, he’s traveled Europe and he’s met Donald Trump. He’s....the most interesting man on the board... A2280FC7-5880-4866-9DCC-51D3A687A76F.jpeg

Stay thirsty for coffee, my friends.

8. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

FileNotFound and TigerVols like this.
  9. YankeeFan

YankeeFan Well-Known Member

All about? No.

Do I understand well how an airline works? Yes.

Consolidation has led to cities like Cleveland and Pittsburg losing their status as a hub. That doesn't mean that they have tremendous leverage to steal away Delta's hub from Atlanta.

Delta has made huge investments in ATL, and also has a client base of of loyal customers in Atlanta. It's really not that easy for them to just say, "fuck it" we're going to close down here and open up shop in Cleveland. (Or, certainly not to Houston, as Gee suggested, where United is dominant, they wouldn't be able to get enough gates, and the competition would kill them.)

10. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

Sadly, this is spot on.

Slacker likes this.
  11. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

This reminds me that writers make the worst editors!

12. typefitter

typefitter Well-Known Member

This makes zero sense.

Yes, it would be expensive to move hubs. But of course it could be done. If a new airline opened tomorrow, they wouldn't be able to start a new hub? NO HUB FOR YOU. If Newark closed, Continental would just go, Shit, I guess we can't exist anymore? Was Charlotte always the hub that it is today? Delta didn't have hubs in Detroit, Minneapolis, or LA in the 1990s, but it does now. HOW DID THAT HAPPEN? WITH MAGICKS?

I'm not saying it would be easy. But if Delta decided to leave Georgia tomorrow, of course they could. And they would have dozens of cities begging for them to come. Only some backward cracker-ass state would punish a major employer for telling 13 people they can't use their NRA memberships for discounts anymore. If Democrats did it, you'd be howling about how anti-business they are.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.