1. Welcome to SportsJournalists.com, a friendly forum for discussing all things sports and journalism.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register for a free account to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Access to private conversations with other members.
    • Fewer ads.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

President Trump: The NEW one and only politics thread

Discussion in 'Sports and News' started by Moderator1, Nov 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BTExpress

BTExpress Well-Known Member

Sounds like an Oklahoma State booster to me.

2. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

If you smell alcohol on an interview subject and he is being erratic, don’t you have an obligation to ask, considering the claims he’s making?

3. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

Given the stature of the person we're talking about -- former Trump aide, a figure in Mueller's investigation -- I think it's absolutely fair game to light him up on live TV. If he showed up drunk that's his problem. It may actually put his comments in a better context.

If this is some guy showing up to the local TV station to talk about the punkin fest at his farm, I'll be a lot more forgiving.

matt_garth and SnarkShark like this.
  4. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

If Burnett smelled booze on his breath, I’m sure others did too.

If others did too, you can’t let him on the air like that, especially if he’s going to basically accuse the president of the United States of treason while writing his own ticket to federal prison.

SnarkShark and QYFW like this.
  5. QYFW

QYFW Well-Known Member

OK, so personal politics definitely come into play. I figured but wanted to ask.

6. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

No. It’s not like you showed up at his house to interview, unannounced. You question him on air about alcohol and whether he showed up to work as drunk as he showed up to interview.

7. heyabbott

heyabbott Well-Known Member

45FD52F2-4569-43AF-9613-F0F42E4951C8.jpeg

8. SnarkShark

SnarkShark Well-Known Member

I don’t think that’s what he was saying.

9. PCLoadLetter

PCLoadLetter Well-Known Member

It's not personal politics. He's a former aide to the president of the United States. He's part of the Mueller probe and loudly vowing to be arrested. He's going from network to network for interviews and calling the rest on the phone. He absolutely knows how this works and the stakes involved, and he's apparently choosing to do it drunk. That's his call, and it doesn't mean reporters have to run cover for him.

10. MisterCreosote

MisterCreosote Well-Known Member

He was definitely bound and determined to get this off his chest today, drunk or not.

11. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

When in doubt, TINMHITTMAL.

12. DanielSimpsonDay

DanielSimpsonDay Well-Known Member

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.